24.4.14

My Luxe Lust List...# 5 : Leopard Print

Somewhat of a decorating and fashion 'staple', Leopard Print trends come and go but rarely evaporate entirely.  Like my post on fur throws, it is a subject that is very black and white for most people. You either l o v e  or loathe it!


I've been a lover of Leopard print ever since I can remember.
I have fond memories of stroking my Aunt's Leopard coat and snuggling into her cushions when visiting her home. To me it was very glamorous but also a tiny bit wild and exotic. Themes I still relate to and gravitate towards, today.

Who didn't have an leopard-coat-clad Aunt in the 1960s ?
Throughout my 50 years on this earth, I have owned an enormous variety of leopard printed items.
Fashion wise, I've sported coats, anoraks, pants, kaftans, skirts, ball gowns, dresses, shirts, tees, suits, shoes, pyjamas, lingerie, belts, handbags, luggage, leggings, hats, hair accessories, sunglasses, swimmers, gloves, gumboots, an iPhone case and ...  scarves. Whew!
 
On the home front I've owned innumerable cushions, chairs, bed linen, towels, glassware, napkins, frames, candles, votives, vases, art work and one spectacular door mat!

 I don't think there has ever been a time when I haven't owned something Leopard!

Half of the secret to success in using this bold print is in the quality of the design. There's Leopard print and, then there's Leopard Print. Ascertaining the difference is essential! 
Keeping the look classy is key!


The other half of the secret is knowing when and where to use it. The older I get, the more I prefer it as an accent in interiors or as an accessory. A tiny bit goes a long way!

So why have I decided to post about this lust-worthy design today?
Because I've been obsessing, really OBSESSING over these two images....


O.M.G.! I am just am in love with that fabric!

Countless hours have been wasted enjoyed tracking it down to just two possibilities:

Braemore Jamil Natural OR Scalamandre Leopardo Silk Velvet

As I cannot find any Australian references to these, my research has been limited to international blogs or U.S. / U.K. web sites. The unanimous agreement seems to be that they are visually indistinguishable but hugely different in feel, quality and price. The Scalamandre being the ants-pants.

I found two Etsy retailers who sell cushion covers made in the Jamil fabric and I've tracked down some Leopardo being sold by the yard online, so I could consider having them made in this too.
Another wee, but delicious project!

What do you think? 
Are you a Leopard Print lover?
Where would you consider / have you used this print?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
 You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL