4.5.14

Playing Catch - up




 # 1. I purchased a double wash plane made from solid Ceasarstone! As an ex-display item it was a  $200 bargain (RR $6 000) too good to walk away from and one another house will benefit from!

# 2. Hello little fellow! This is an Southern Leaf Tail Gecko who has taken up residence in the garage!

# 3. Love these crisp black trimmed pillowcases! I bought them online from Harold's!

In house news, we have roofed two upstairs patio areas, the one off the dining room seen in image # 4. The tragedy of the missing palette of travertine (read the drama HERE) has been resolved, # 6. The stone supplier honouring the shortfall. Phew!

 An art project I started has hit a hick -up. #5. This is where it's at ATM. I'm not sure I like the severe contrast so am doing a smaller test canvas to see if I will paint over and start again or do a 'wash' over what I've done so far. Eeeek!

Easter has come and gone and J's return to school has coincided with an unseasonably late start to cooler autumn temperatures. # 7. A picture of J at 7:55 am, struggling to get out of bed on the first day back at school! 

# 8. I made a bird-cage cover with some gingham. It is really terribly pretty rough but does the job. Wine always assists in no-plan projects like these I feel...

# 9. The MKR series had us hooked and making our own pasta was something we wanted to try. Here's my shiny new toy; already transferred to a plastic storage container to keep all the 'bits' together. Wish me luck!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Very partial to the cuteness of a gecko…how fabulous to have a resident fellow in your garage. But a rather dangerous spot for him to have chosen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call it a garage but I think it's more a basement in US terms. It comprises the double car garage, store room, water tank area, pool equipment, proposed cellar and stairwell to the house above. This little guy is living safely in the stair well and since I've posted, has a baby nearby!

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL