13.8.11

Industrial / Retro Chic!

Industrial  / Retro Chic seems to be everywhere at the moment. Half of The Block contestants have incorporated it (Josh / Jenna and Katrina / Aimee) and it seems every interiors magazine features at least one home in this style too. In fact Real Living magazine seems to feature this approach almost exclusively. You know when a trend is totally having its moment when stores like Freedom heavily invest in pieces they'll be showcasing for up to a year! So... am I being influenced to change decor direction again? Yep, you bet! I'll try to incorporate some funky Vintage posters to the eclectic mix I think! What are your thoughts... are you tempted to dip a toe in this old new direction too?
L.O.V.E. Katrina and Aimee's "Scaffold" dining table! Original and fantastic!


I so want Josh and Jenna's 'Salon des ensembliers' Vintage poster by Knoll!

Xavier Pauchard Tolix stools, replica or real seen at The Block, Top 3 by Design, Freedom.... EVERYWHERE!!!!!


Not sure of source but definitely 'my cup of tea'!
Freedom's Summer Collection 2011 showcases this new direction
Real Living Magazine features this style heavily.


x KL

12 comments:

  1. I like! :)

    How is your upstairs plastering going KL?

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that. It's not. Hubbs has got a 3 week deadline to complete a client's project and I've been in hospital this week and will be again next week. There's always a drama here to beat plastering!!! Slow and steady might be added to my growing list of mantras! (After Keep &*%#ing calm and carry on!)
    LOL! KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that :(((

    I hope you are ok and the hospital business isn't anything serious :(((

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for your lovely comments about my new bundle of joy. Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still havent made up my mind about this style. Its very hard to get right and some of the pieces can look very 'junky' in a normal household but in a magazine shoot, look very funky. I think its best to lend some ideas and leave the rest alone...at least in my case because I have no idea what I am doing!
    Beautiful blog KL!!!
    Mrs B xxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah dearest B....I think you are far more astute than you realise! I totally agree with your comment regarding this trend and gratefully accept your lovely compliment on my Blog. Thank you, you made my day!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love Salon Des Ensembliers, do you know where I could find it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ve got one "salon des ensembliers" poster for sale.
    It s in perfect condition, format is 40 x 60 cm / 16 x 24 inches.
    Check ebay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous, can you send me the ebay reference no? A search is not leading me to your item.

      Delete
    2. Hi just wondering if you still have the poster available?

      Delete
  9. i never did annon.. ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the fourth and sixth images. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL