11.7.15

pondering product possibilites....

With progress here gathering pace, I've turned my attention to the joinery proposed for the kitchen, laundry, playroom, office and lounge. In doing so, I stumbled across an impressive new product (well, new to me!) called Maximum. It is a pressed porcelain product available in generous panel sizes which is both light weight and resilient. The range includes finishes resembling wood, concrete and marble in several surface options.


Marmi Calacatta is my favourite in a matt finish. The large sheets are absolutely stunning. There are four print variations and bookend options too ensuring little repeat even when sheeting walls. It is very cost effective compared to real stone and its light weight and practicality make it a very flexible product.


 I'm totally hooked but need to examine further a few concerns such as its suitability as a bench top and possible 'chipability', given it's essentially a 6 mm tile.
Here's some lust worthy in-situ pics from the Maximum website:







 At the very least, I think I've found my kitchen splash back material! 


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
 You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that look amazing. I'll need to investigate as I am looking at a kitchen update. Thanks for sharing ...I've never heard of it either. Thanks Kym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is truely the BEST Calacatta faux marble I've seen Kym! The Matt finish has it looking and feeling just like a honed slab. Have a sample piece that I'm 'playing' with ATM; throwing lemon juice on it, beetroot and using as a red wine, tea and coffe cup rest to see how it fares porosity / stain wise...LOVE your avatar btw, a favourite mantra of mine too!

      Delete
  2. hi KL, if you want a cheaper version than the calcutta marble ask your stone mason about Michelangelo - it's very similar veining but a lot cheaper. I just used a slab for my laundry and the tv cabinetry and it was very affordable. cheers fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thats a great recommendation Fiona. Thank you so much. Living on the Central Coast increases stone prices considerably due to transportation costs unfortunately. I'll definitely look into Michelangelo! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL