29.6.14

Reluctant Restraint

When I first started blogging and commenced this build, I had a very clear image of how I wanted the interiors to look. Going back to THIS post of 2012, dark eclecticism stopped my heart!


 I think those stunning Chinese black and gold lacquer cabinets played a huge part in my adoration of this apartment and desire to replicate that here...


 So imagine my excitement when I discovered this beautiful piece on eBay...


Although the seller said pick-up only, she agreed I could obtain a courier to collect.
As it was such a substantial size (over 3 meters in length), I was hopeful that I would not have a huge amount of competition...



and it sold for a song...


I reluctantly decided not to bid.
Unusually for me, I showed some very rare restraint as, although it was a once in a life-time chance to own something of such beauty, the only spot I had to accommodate it was in the playroom.
As a television console! Sacrilege!

 I will probably kick myself forever for passing on this opportunity ...


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

3 comments:

  1. Mum!! I would've bought it! I'd probably have to move to fit it in, but it was so beautiful! Also I'd say it was Japanese not Chinese ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe is is Chinese... Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Baby! I SOOOOO uhmmed and Ahhed...finger poised ready to bid....am feeling a bit flat that I didn't buy it. I'm glad you agree it was beautiful! Was too high for playroom TV console (though would've saved a motsa on custom joinery) and buying / thinking for the next house has got to stop. Still feel like I just lost a diamond though...
      Love you commenting....you need an avatar now...

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL