11.8.14

Bits 'n Bobs

Davey has just informed me that as a result of my recent illness, he will need to 'catch-up' the time he lost on client projects, by working Saturdays
Fair enough. 

Then, I thought about it...
He is currently employed in Sydney (90 minutes south of Copacabana), and his 5:30 am start and 6:30 - 7 pm arrival home make Saturday his only day to tackle building work here at La Hacienda.
3 weeks = 21 days. 
Twenty-one Saturdays from now takes us into January 2015!!!!


I heard a casual statement ... but it was actually a loaded bomb!

There goes my fantasy of 'moving' upstairs by Christmas.
 *sob*

Anyhow,  s l o w  progress aside (nothing new really....) here are some pics of what has been happening about these parts ....


The two upstairs bathrooms are approved by council and ready for underfloor heating installation. After much debate and soul searching, I decided to purchase Carrara Marble tiles in the same size (400 mm x 400 mm) as the downstairs bathrooms for our ensuite. I just couldn't justify spending three times more for Calcutta or mosaics when we still have so much more to do. The marble is Italian and the white is really crisp though, which helped clinch the deal!


David decided that it was high time we bought a new mattress too. I wasn't much help as I was just out of hospital so couldn't lay on the display beds. He chose a Tempur one (without the folding base, which J loved!). It was a big investment so I hope it's comfortable! Our last bed was a top-of-the-line disaster because of the too soft pillow top.


 Been 'playing' with some decor pieces, motivated by a Country Road competition. If you want to enter too, click HERE.


Had a day of shopping with a girlfriend in Sydney last week. We popped into the newest Matt Blatt store in Castle Hill. I've seen their wares online but never in person. Most pieces were disappointing... but I liked this replica daybed and dining table.


We then headed to a Freedom outlet store my friend knew about. I snapped up this Freedom console which was a quarter of it's retail price!  Not sure where it will 'live' but there are a few suitable alcoves upstairs!

Newham Console from Freedom
Spotted these gorgeous external lights at Beacon Lighting. L.O.V.E. ! 
David liked them too, but we can't have them here. The finish is unsuitable for our seaside location, nor are they IP rated ie; they'll rust. Fast. 
Frustrating. Why manufacture an outside light that isn't durable?

South Hampton light fixtures
Have you started thinking about Father's Day?
I think this Bunning's Tool Chest is on David's 'wish' list. It comes complete with bar fridge, LCD TV and stereo. I think it would be too much of a distraction to work....


Keep dreaming darling....


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the delay to your home, must be so frustrating. Have you ever watched renovating shows on TV and noticed that as soon as the homeowners say the deadline is to be in by Christmas, things go pear shaped? I reckon the Christmas deadline is a jinx! Anyway back to that console table - LOVE IT! What a score!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL