10.6.15

Another room finished!!!!!

 Woop! Woop!

J's Bathroom / Powder room is officially complete...

(OK....there may be some electrical work and cleaning to still attend to, LOL) but I had to share!

I did a Detailing Post on this wee room back HERE, which shows the plans and inspiration behind the room. It has been fitted out very inexpensively, which was also explained previously.
So, (insert Drum roll....) here are the pics...


Image taken from the doorway... excess grout muck still to be cleaned from floor. Niche-fitted blind to be installed. Ordered in white but should have chosen black. Might re-order I think. ?

Some nocturnal 'Ninja' tree trimming will restore a beautiful beach vista from the window. He He. Under floor heating requires hook up.


Dummy Run for proposed kitchen cabinetry colour and finish, in this custom vanity; Matte 2-pac. Quite happy with results and fingerprinting seems OK. Handles on vanity bought (one sitting in possy) but not attached.


There was supposed to be a shampoo shelf niche but Davey 'forgot'. Bugger.
 This little shelf will have to do! Love the frame less shower screen!


Functioning as J's bathroom AND as a guest Powder room, I need to find some art / accessories that are youthful, masculine and suitable for both users. Yikes!


Please excuse Moi in the shower, trying to look invisible, whilst snapping this pic!


 Not sure why the drawer under the vanity can't be closed atm. ? 
Choosing the colour of the vanity joinery and top was excruciating. The marble was 'browner' than I thought once laid, and in reality, is much darker than these images. Trying to 'match' the stone with another piece of stone for the vanity top was impossible (God knows, I tried!!!!)

And so we're onto finishing the next room: our main bedroom ensuite!

Here's a sneak peek...

Rogerseller Cloud Cover Shower. *sigh*


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 11, 2015

    It's beautiful KL, and certainly looks expensive. Obviously you were very clever with your choices. It's a great idea to test out kitchen colours on a smaller room, one of the benefits of building yourself. I am also doing a combo powder room that will be beside my boy's bedroom. Unfortunately for him, I'm not as thoughtful as you, and I am decorating to suit myself and guests. She who pays the bills ...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments! This has been a great outcome Johanne...the tiles were all free and the P.Cs cost less than $300. Using 'freebies' can be wrought with danger but it has come together spectacularly; Thank Goodness! It's coincidental re the multi function of your powder too! Luckily for J, my decorating tastes are quite masculine..will look forward to seeing your choices. I'm with you re the bill-payment-card. Am using this atm in a disagreement about a bedroom chair for same teenager. Red velvet does NOT work for me....

      Delete
  2. Great job...I love the masculine, but sophisticated feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie & Danni! I think it's going to look most spectacular at night...

      Delete
  3. Very sophisticated, I love it. Choosing bathroom art is such a challenge, cant wait to see what you choose!!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL