4.6.15

you'll call me crazy ...

Whilst we are on a roll to complete our contemporary home, David and I spotted this wet and forlorn chair on a council collection pile down the road from us. The property was recently sold and suffered some damage in the recent storms.


I don't know why someone would discard such a beautiful chair. ? 
The frame is sturdy and the seat comfortable. Apart from the wet and worn upholstery, it's in good condition. Perfect for a new lease of life...


 What a fun little project to do between all the work required in finishing the ENTIRE house. 
Ba ha ha!!!!

All suggestions, how-to's, comments and links warmly welcomed!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

4 comments:

  1. What a find!! I can't believe that was on the side of the road??! People are CRAZY. That would cost over $1000 plus fabric new, so you've definitely got a gem. Can't wait to see what you end up doing with it, it's going to come up so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's pretty, isn't she? Such a nice shape! My research is indicating it's a library chair. Georgian in style? Such a bllody shame there weren't two! (Greedy, I know!)
      Professional repair / reupholstery is looking to be about $700 + fabric. Is is worth this Heidi? I like the chair but don't think I'm going to be able to DIY this one...am thinking liming the timber and uphulstering in a heavy slub white linen which I can zhush with lumbar cushions to match a kazillion decorating styles as needs be... your thought are much appreciated!!!!! x KL

      Delete
  2. Love the chair! Give the DIY road a go, not speaking from experience...well yet!! 😊 I should finish my first little diy upholstery project tomorrow & will post to my blog. Love kerbside shopping x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided to hand it to the professionals Hamptons Living! I'm such a perfectionist that I don't think I'd be satisfied no matter how well I DIYed it. Am always my worst critic! I think the fabric expense might be worth not 'stuffing it up' too...Ba ha. Will pop over to your blog to see how you went with your own project! Thanks for the comment, x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL