5.6.13

remembering



After the very sad passing away of my Aunt Mary, Mum, my sister and I had the unenviable task of sorting through her precious belongings. It was a difficult and emotionally draining experience.

Now, a few months on, I have a few mementos scattered throughout our home. They don't all fit in in terms of decor styling but each somehow contributes to this house feeling more like a home. And of course each time my eyes rest on one, I remember. With lots and lots of love.


x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

3 comments:

  1. That's exactly what your home is supposed to do - a clean and mimimalist environment removes all that personal layering otherwise. How nice that at the end of a difficult task you brought home some special things to think of her. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 05, 2013

    So sorry for your loss KL. I think it's the things we have in our home that evoke memories, either of people or places, that make a home a home. Take care xT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Heidi and Toni. Both your thoughtful comments resonate with me. Funnily, (is there such a word?) the things I hesitated to keep and not donate to charity are the very ones that we all look at and treasure most. Puts life, love and material aquisition into sharp perspective. x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL