20.6.13

'twas not meant to be... *sob*

 After much internal debating and long drawn out discussions with friends and Davey, we decided that the Carrara Marble bench top I found and shared with you HERE, was a go-er IF, upon inspection, we liked its markings / colouration. 
A mini - crane was organised to lift it from it's slumber and .... O.M.G. 

 It broke.

 In two places!



 To consider this as viable, I had to mentally 'get my head round' the concept of a smaller island.
 I did
I needed to accept the positioning of the sinks, in the island. 
I had.
Re-designing the front and sides of the island to accommodate this bench top was most challenging.
I succeeded to the point of considering the modified design as advantageous.
 
 And it broke.

 In two places!

And the colour, pattern and honed finish were perfect.

BUT....I didn't cry. (Probably shock...) 

Some things are just not meant to be and after our huge loss last week...
...it's all O.K and in perspective.

x KL

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear KL - I'm so sorry, what a crappy week you've had. I'm sure it will work out better that you didn't use it... but it's still not an easy thing to accept when you've had your heart set on it.
    Hope you're ok this week and take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What does that mean??? Who is responsible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's so sad, obviously you not meant to sway from your original plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done well to not be more upset, but you are right about it not being huge in the grand scheme of things. Whenever things would get Mick and I down about the house, I would remind us that at least we have our health and each other. The rest is just gravy. Never fear though as a new opportunity for the island will present itself I'm sure :) Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God, no! After all that effort too! Just means something even better will come along to replace it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sux :(
    But as you said, it just wasn't meant to be.
    I am sure you will find an even better slab at a better price <3

    B

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL