16.6.13

7 days



It's been very flat around here after the sad passing of David's father
J has been sick with a terrible flu and ear infection, so we've been hanging close to home most days.
Today provided magnificent weather so we spent a few hours soaking up the sunshine at Terrigal, enjoying a hearty winter lunch. I think it was just what we needed.

I've been spending time at home helping my Mum and Dad with their renovation plans. So far we have nutted out the bathroom and kitchen layouts via email and one mammoth four hour phone call!. We went to visit A in her new apartment last week and I realised that the space-saving solution to the location of Mum & Dad's microwave was in one of the snaps I had taken! Serendipity!

I have to make a decision this week about our kitchen benchtop material too. I've scored a Honed Carrara Marble benchtop. It will cost $500 for re-polishing and re-cutting new sink holes only. It's not the most beautiful piece of marble nor the extra big size I was planning but at this low cost, I'm VERY tempted! Thoughts?

Snapped (LOL) up the toothy croc skull from Harold's Curiosity Cabinet. L.O.V.E! 
 And updated J's bed linen, yet again! I think this is my fave so far... 
I tried my hand at concocting a recipe-less, retrolicious Nachos too and it was yummy! So pleased with myself!

In housey news....the main bathroom vanity is in! I'm thrilled with my choice of white for the top (Ceasarstone Snow) and cabinet (Dulux White on White - satin finish) and also my last minute decision to delete the second bowl to allow greater storage both on and under the bench. The mirrors have been ordered too so we are now close to finishing this room. Hooray!


My blog make-over is just about complete I think....any suggestions are always welcome!
Unfortunately I 'lost' my blog roll so if you're missing let me know so I can add you back!

Looking forward to your comments about the benchtop!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!

3 comments:

  1. ARGH! That view! Hasn't the weather been nice? Yes I would go for the bargain marble slab. I am in the midst of planning my kitchen renovation and I hope I luck onto a bargain like that too! I also would be flexible on the size too for that kind of $$$$. The croc skull, LOVE IT. The nachos. LOVE IT.
    I like that you removed the 2nd basin in your bathroom. I agree with your choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for backing my latest decisions / thoughts Laura! It makes me feel much more sure of myself! I'm going to have another look at the marble slab this week if I can. I'm heading over to your blog now to peep your reno! x kl

      Delete
  2. Your bathroom looks beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL