12.11.13

bits and bobs....



O.K! sooooo, I've had some eBay hit 'n misses of late. The Foo Dogs in the middle image are definitely those that were advertised (Left) and which I received. But their size, as seen in this wee  re-styled space shows it pays to read-the details; importantly, the dimensions!!!!

Like wise my cheap-from-China, necklaces-to-be-turned-into-Christmas-Decorations! The mini pearl encrusted bags (eBay image, left) were dirty bronze (eeek!see middle pic) but the parfum bottles and duck posted about HERE were gorgeous! Still waiting for three little soldiers to arrive....


In better news, love my new mani / pedi combo....hopefully I'll get a few days out of the pretty nail colour 'cause I'm sooo rough! 
Had my hair cut and coloured too, and for once am happy with it; a rare event! 
These treats coincide with a fix-me attitude ATM. Booked waaay overdue (Shhhh...don't tell Mum!) visits to my cardiologist and endocrinologist. Have had lots of blood taken and have received an urgent call back. Eeeek! Mammogram booked as is a skin-cancer check. Have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. My optometrist prescribed new glasses. Have sparkling clean toothy-pegs! Sleep clinic next week!
Not much left to prod or pull, I've gotta tell ya!

J co-incidentilly brought home a gorgeous little multi-coloured 'worry doll' from school. L.O.V.E. He made it from an old wooden peg and cotton tip and I decided to frame it. I used an A4 brush-out of his bedroom-to-be wall colour; Dulux Red Box, super glued the little figure to it and popped it into an IKEA Ribba box frame. Too easy and cute!


Played around in the main bathroom, zhushing some bits and pieces....Love the pop of colour this Missoni hand towel brings to the room!


  Have sorted all the DVD's, Blu-Ray, X-box, PS2, PS3 and Wii discs into plastic tubs inside the new entertainment unit. Whew! 
I couldn't get the clear tubs I was after but these coloured ones do the job!


And....drum-roll....the Guest Bed, ensuite vanity is in! Stone top and all!
Some more tiling to be done, a bit of stylin' and another room will be complete! Yee Hah!

Christmas seems to be approaching like an out-of-control, run-away train so I'm going to concentrate on that next...
 
x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback! 
 If you enjoy my ramblings, perhaps consider following by Email, Bloglovin' or Google+. 
 Join this site via Google Friend's Connect so I can follow you too!

6 comments:

  1. Love your vignette with the Foo dogs! And the main bathroom is perfection! Hope the urgent call back wasn't too serious :(

    Take care

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've coverted Foo doggies for awhile but in a much larger format! Live & Learn! Ha! I suspect the dr will adjust my meds, sleeping 15 hrs a day is sooo not normal; I'm hoping that she's found out why and get my up-and-with-it again! Looking forward to next Thurs appoint. Thanks for popping by B! x KL

      Delete
  2. love the bathroom styling KL, and how exciting that another one is almost complete, in time for Christmas guests too!!
    Hope all goes ok with the recall on your tests - good on you for sorting everything out though. We can put these things off for too long sometimes... xx
    ps those foo dogs are cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High praise Heidi indeed, Thank you! Not much styling to do in a bathroom but I love having a finished room. A little sanctuary where I can pretend the rest of the house is complete too! LOL! TOTAL fantasy! You're place is comming together....love seeing your new posts, trials, tribulations and PROGRESS!!! x KL

      Delete
  3. Wow, you've really got your shizz together! Good on you for making time for all those tests - hope the call back is OK. The worry doll is so sweet and what a great idea to frame it. I think the Foos are cute regardless of size and look really good in your vignette. Bathroom looks wonderful! Have been eyeing off those CR sandals myself, they look really good on by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and super comfy! (My main requisite nowadays!) Thanks for popping by and leaving such a lovely comment. There comes a time when looking after family means putting oneself #1; trying to get a head start of healthy new-years resolutions....he he! The Foos are ridiculously small...does anyone know where to get the bigger ones, often seen in US homes?

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL