2.11.13

Custom Entertainment Unit

Today David installed our custom made entertainment unit. After a bit of debate, we decided to wall mount it as originally intended. We concluded that wall mounting was faster, easier to clean underneath and could be achieved within a few hours. There are more deets HERE if you're interested in the prequel to today's action!
First up, we had to decide on it's position...The first picture below shows the height I had planned but it looked too high in reality so I then considered putting it on a plinth. 


We then decided to wall hang it just above the (still be fitted) skirting board, about 150 mm off the floor.


Ta Dah!!!


I'll be ordering a Ceasarstone 20 mm stone top on Monday, now I have exact measurements.
Can't wait to finally get the A/V paraphernalia hidden away and tidied up.

BEFORE and AFTER!
 Poor Davey now has the joy of sorting out and reconnecting the tangle of cables...and I can hear some mumbled expletives. Hope all the equipment fits and I measured correctly! Eeeek!
 I better make him a restorative cuppa . . .

Will post finished pictures soon!

x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback! If you enjoy my ramblings, perhaps consider following by Email, Bloglovin' or Google+. Join this site via Google Friend's Connect so I can follow you too!

12 comments:

  1. That looks so clean and neat now!
    Just found your blog.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! Thank you for dropping in and taking the time to comment. The unit has made a 1000% improvement to the room. Don't really know why I didn't tackle this job earlier!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see the top - it looks amazing!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your positive comment Stacy. I'm really happy with the unit and can't wait to get the top now too!

      Delete
  3. That looks so neat, tidy and stylish. Will look amazing with the new top. xT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be ordering it asap Monday morning T! Can't wait to have a 'real' area to style! X kl

      Delete
  4. Looks great, KL! Can't wait to see it with it's Caesarstone crown. Don't envy Davey having to sort through the cables - ours are still tangled at the back of our cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top on hold. :-( stonemason not taking any more work on before Xmas. Am so devastated! The cabling rat's nest has been miraculously resolved... One cuppa and a few spiced rums! Recommending Captain Morgans for similar tangle resolution!

      Delete
  5. It looks amazing as it is. Can't wait to see it with the CS top!!!

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My stone guy wasn't too positive for before Christmas....their cut-offs in effect already. Mwaaah....

      Delete
    2. It looks grab as it is so a few extra months won't be too painful I hope <3

      B

      Delete
    3. Already covered with crap as I sort out 20 years of videos (tossed), DVDs, blue ray, PS2, PS3, Wii, and Xbox stuff! I was offered alternatives but I think being patient and getting it right is more important!

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL