3.4.14

seasoned reasoning: designer mills

I don't know about you, but I love to experience good aesthetic design in everyday objects.
It makes the mundane feel more special somehow. 
If I need a new kettle for example, I'll research the design options along with practicality because it's an item that is highly visible in my kitchen, used multiple times a day and needs to earn it's place, being on show. (Best ones I found can be seen HERE

I'd like to buy a pair of really nice Salt & Pepper Mills using this same criteria.
We've lived sans salt for just over ten years due to dietry restrictions initiated by David's Ménière's disease. His condition is well managed at the moment and watching MKR has encouraged me to revisit seasoning. Just a little.

Anywho, here are my favourite options that tick all form, function and feel boxes:


  Collective Tools designed by Antonio Citterio & Glen Oliver Löw. Iittala

 Alfredo Mills designed by Alfredo Haberli. Georg Jensen

Left: Y-Grinder by Joseph Joseph
Right: Tree Grinder designed by Vagnby & Ejje. Nuance

Left: Queen Chin Grinders designed by Giovannoni Stefano.  Alessi
Right: Salt & Pepper Mills designed by Michael Graves. Alessi.

Bottle Mills Designed by Norm Architects for Menu.

 Tete-a-Tete designed by Stefan Holm.

Craft Mills by Normann Copenhagen

Plus Salt and Pepper Mills designed by Norway Says. Muuto

I think I like the last two sets best. Although the Georg Jensen ones are very beautiful too.
Do you have any recommendations?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
You are very welcome and encouraged to comment, I love receiving feedback!
 If you enjoy my ramblings, perhaps consider following by Email, Bloglovin' or Google+. 
 Join this site via Google Friend's Connect so I can follow you too!

2 comments:

  1. I think I like the 'Bottle Mills" the best. So many choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spotted them on sale at good ol' Peter's of Kensington earlier today....some of the others are so hard to track down here. The bottle style was in, then out of my top two but might still be a contender, especially with the discount! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your always valued opinion!

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL