2.3.13

Busy. Busy. Busy.

 The weather here is absolutely dismal as we experience the tail end of a low pressure system that was Western Australia's last cyclone. The good news is that I've been kept busy at the Sydney Trade Fairs, attending Design & Decoration, Reed Gift Fair and a Fashion buying one as a guest of a girlfriend. (Very different but lots of fun!)


 I found lots of inspiration at the Interior's exhibits. Australia seems to be following the US led interest in anything chevron, nail-head trimmed or plushly upholstered. There were scores of different design styles catered for; tribal, Hampton's, french, minimal-modern and traditional.
Some of the stands were spectacular in their execution and showcased not only their products well but their design savvy as well. My favourite 'idea' was the use of large branches (lots of these to be collected after the recent storms!) displayed in umbrella stands or hung over tables. Entwined with fairy lights, fresh flowers and tiny decorations they were stunning! (Keeping this idea on file for my 50th birthday celebration!)

My friend and I stayed at The Sheraton on the Park (upgraded with executive club...Woo hoo!) and did a quick reconnaissance about the traps. O.M.G. My feet were on fire by the end of the second day, even though our wallets were a titch lighter! LOL! Loved David Jones' big mirror sign and you can never beat their food hall! Easter gifts all done and dusted! 
Went for my first foray into Zara. L.O.V.E. My friend stocked up on some great children's wear but the sizing was too small to cater for J and I. I found a gazillion things I loved, but even an XL looked tiny and I wasn't in a try-on / get depressed frame of mind. (Having eaten and drunk my weight in seafood and Moet at DJ's Oyster bar for lunch is my excuse...)


Any hoo, I've done lots of online shopping for this winter...
I plan to be living in jeggings, ankle boots (posted HERE) and over-sized jumpers.  If your bathroom scales groan like mine do, check out Sussan's and Sportsgirl's offerings. My legs 'll be sporting the metallic, camo and damask trends in ridiculous comfort!!! 
I've also finally succumbed  and got a few 'wish list' items struck off too; YSL Arty ring in rose gold! (net-a-porter), Jasper Conran for Wedgwood Kilim mugs (where else but POK), Chanel print (Jen Ramos) and THE 'cocky' cushion from Katrina and Amy's 'Block' bedroom (bonnie and neil)

Back at La Hacienda, the melamine was delivered for our under stairs linen cupboard and all but one unit has been built and installed. Don't you love that huge electrical main-frame box? Much bigger than expected - if I'd have known it was this size I'd have had the wiring come out of the opposite wall and within the shelving unit to keep the access walkway clear. Live & learn...

 Having a quiet weekend. Davey is unfortunately ill with a Ménière's episode. I think I've posted about this bloody awful affliction before. Four years of total incapacitation. He's had a good run for the last few years but this will be his third and worst bout in the last six months.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Whatchaupto?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like youve had lots of fun. I havent done any winter wardrobe shopping yet, Im going for a styling session with Sam Woods from Vibrant concepts( she is based in your area)So i will shop with her so she can teach me how to hide the flaws, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stylist....wow! Will love to hear how you go. Sounds very swish! As I've gained weight I've lost my former ability to discern what looks good / suits my body shape. Bit of a hit and miss approach ATM! Good luck with your session, sounds fun?! X kl

      Delete
  2. I've been attending the trade fairs too and working on our new website and new great project both launching next week - it's been crazy but that's often the way when u want to make things happen! Take care. CLx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CL. Glad you are again able to comment! I found design and decoration a bit ho hum but really enjoyed the reed gift fair. May have been the company at the latter? Sounds like you've got lots of exciting stuff in the pipeline! Good luck. X kl

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL