17.3.12

Main ensuite inspiration & progress!



 THIS was the photograph that inspired my plans for our main bedroom en suite. 
Elegant and understated, sophisticated yet subtle.
 I particularly loved the towel niches at the end of the bath and imagined a gorgeous display area for my coral and candles. Unperturbed that mine was a contemporary build, I took these design ideas and adapted them for my plans.


 I added greater width so they were symmetrical with the bath layout as this example shows above.
The marble seen in both these images adds to my wishfull thinking! LOL!


And here is where we're at. 
Our bath is freestanding (Kado Lure) but I hope to accommodate the bath spout and mixer in the lower section of this solid unit; floor mounted bath spouts costing a bomb!
Today hubby and I spent several hours discussing the practical means to achieve the look I wanted. 
Under shelf tiling was a no-no. Hello! I have pictorial evidence that it can be done.! I requested lighting to each shelf too.... eeek!
In the end, it was all resolved and now I can't wait for it to 'happen'. Thank God I'm not paying darling Hub on an hourly rate though.......!

x KL

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

5 comments:

  1. That is going to e one stunning bathroom <3

    Can't wait for it to come to life :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you B. Its a slow process but hopefully worth the wait. I'm really getting excited about it now. It may be my fav room of this build!
      x KL

      Delete
  2. Don't you just love pictorial evidence!
    That's how I've won over most of my design ideas!
    Your bathroom is going to be amazing!
    Have a great weekend.
    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jode. I think all the wonderful images available online are great tools for not only inspiring a design but for convincing partners and providing evidence!!!!LOL!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inspiration images are beautiful KL! I'm sure it will come together perfectly in the end...

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL