19.3.12

Ripples of indecision!

 It's funny how one relatively small decision can create a ripple that changes the direction of a project.

Whilst looking at carpets for The Terrigal Project (classic beige tones as requested by client), they asked what I had selected for our own home and I pointed it out. They loved it immediately. This then lead me to looking for charcoal hued tiles for the bathroom floors to tie in. 


I sent the clients to check out this display and they fell in love with the red walls! Ummm... the brief was beachy - coastal! But hey, this is their house...yup, we can work with this.

They then found a set of 10 dining chairs they loved. Super comfy, on sale, as is. This is the fabric.


 This is leading me back to the original brief.... sandy hues and a more relaxed vibe.

When I decorate my own homes, they evolve slowly... as finances allow. One decision leads to the next and adds to the former framework. Assisting in decision making for a total revamp, all at once is very challenging. I think if given total carte blanche it may be relatively easy to get a cohesive design happening but the wide ranging tastes and indecision of my friends at each step is proving difficult. I am feeling increasingly out of my depth.

Any tips warmly welcomed!

x KL 

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. B, you always make me smile with your conservativeness. (I'm with you though with the red tiles!)
      P.S. Personal question: Do you wear red lipstick? I think you should!
      xxxoooo KL

      Delete
    2. Red lipstick? No. I never wear lipstick :( my lips just don't agree with it. Why though? :)

      B

      Delete
    3. I know you only have a tiny, half pic of you on your site but I think with your colouring it would look WOW. Like an unexpected surprise. ?
      x KL

      Delete
    4. hehe. It certainly would be an unexpected surprise :)

      Delete
  2. Love the grey! But I could be biased. I have them in my own home. I have deep burnt orange in the bathrooms, instead of red. Which I just cannot abide. Will post a pic if you like?

    TDM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey TDM, YES PLEASE! I'm pretty conservative on the colour side, except for black (but yes, I know it's a tone and all that... bla bla.. ha ha! Mind you, in my not so distant past I've painted rooms blood red, navy and mustard!)
      I've had a personal abhorence for orange since the 80's when I sported a said colour jumpsuit, but the colour's back on my radar. Am blaming Hermes. (That sounds good doesn't it? LOL!)Soooo... yes, please post a pic of my new fav colour!
      xxoo KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL