15.7.12

eBay frustration

I haven't been a huge eBay-er but in the past have successfully unloaded a few big ticket baby items and some designer clothes that I have no longer needed and were in perfect condition.
I've bought a bit too....from Lego figures to favourite jeans.
But after a big hiatus, I've had another attempt at this kind of trading and been seriously disappointed and frustrated. Success was once based on the reputation you built by being honest and trustworthy. Well Baa Humbug!

Here's my latest exploits:


I'm up to my FOURTH listing for this Silver Bullet hair straightener. Brand new, I've listed it for $60 (RR $199) Every time it has sold quickly but the purchasers do not pay. Grrrrrr!

 Versace men's sunglasses bought by a friend on my account as they do not have one. Fake. Eeek!


Missoni for Target cocktail shaker. I purchased this but the seller refused to post to Australia even when I offered to pay additional freight. Was reimbursed but would have preferred the item!

A white Country Road dress I bought that was yellow stained and filthy. Not viable to return because of postage charges. Binned.

The Morphy Richard's kettle I bought for my nest leaver S and BF M. Um....buying from the UK to get the colour they wanted (not available here) was clever. Being told that the UK and Australia have different power pins might have been nice. Thank God for clever Grandad who was able to convert it for them!

I'm having another 'go' with the straightener and some of J's outgrown, near new winter jackets and clothes. Wish me luck!
(If interested, my eBay user ID is eternalicon.)

Do you eBay? I'd love to hear of your experiences...


x KL 
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

5 comments:

  1. My eBay experiences have been mixed too. Great when off loaded successfully baby 'stuff' and furniture before our old house was demolished. Bought things like a trampoline at a great price. Frustrating when fridge sold but they never turned up/paid for it. Once I bought and paid via direct deposit for a piece of expensive exercise equipment, seller pretended they'd sent it then disappeared from the face of the earth!! Will now only use seller I've used before or if I can pay via paypal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has non follow-through buyers. I agree, Paypal seems much save if recource is needed. Thant's a horrible experience with the ex gear! I think eBay is getter worse...?
      x KL

      Delete
  2. Not really any problems although we have never sold anything purely because of the hassle and dishonest people out there. Although 1 guy claimed Mr B did not pay $7 and reported him to ebay...yeah right! Mr B promptly showed them the receipt of the purchase. Seller still wouldnt send product. Ebay attracts all types, I relate it to cash convertors...very interesting customers!
    Mrs B xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my Missoni US purchase. I made payment but seller wouldn't follow through. I think selling is safer...you don't release goods till $ received but I've been then caught out by excessive freight demands that have left me out of pocket. I think you're right....there are many 'interesting types' out there! LOL! Though I've had no experience with Cash Converters....eBay is scarey enough! x KL

      Delete
    2. I also think some people just like the thrill of being the highest bidder and have no intentions what so ever in paying for the product. We now only go with reputable sellers with outstanding feedback...99% are fantastic, just that one incident that I mentioned before.
      Mrs B xxx

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL