3.11.12

Sculpture By The Sea 2012

Have you attended the Sculpture By The Sea Exhibition for 2012?

My younger sister was involved as an exhibitor this year. Her installation was inspired by the zen practice of sand raking. The public were invited to make their mark across Tamarama Beach until the inevitable cycle of nature washed it away.


The raking created a transitory counterpoint to the adjacent
sculptural works installed on Tamarama Beach with multiple views of the work from above and at ground level.

Today the exhibition concludes so get your skates on if you're nearby and haven't had a peep yet!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

3 comments:

  1. That looks very cool! Cute to see little kiddies got involved too :)

    How long did it last before the wind "undid" it all?

    PS. re: take the colourseal over the extended slab area

    What did Dave mean by colour seal?

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever. I would be there in a heart beat if I wasn't on the other side of the country. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a wonderful event in Townsville called Strand Ephemera where artists put up installations and sculptures along the esplanade. My Mum did a piece last year. Community art events are some of my favourites to visit. Your sisters piece is wonderful and just right for a community event too! xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL