4.5.13

My Saturday...


Top to Bottom, Left to Right:

Unpacked these wee Kidrobot POP Balloon animals that I found on Ebay. They are sooo cute! I bought the cheapest ones as I want to paint them all the one colour. Gold.  Like Holly from Glamourmash did. Love. (PS: Check out Holly's Blog for some awesome glamour inspiration!)


The Middle Child, A, is contemplating leaving the nest!!! *sob*  
Maybe
Or going to Europe. Or back to Uni... 
Just-in-case the move wins her internal debate she bought this eight seater dining setting. A $250 bargain. In as-new-condition. She's my girl! LOL! And it is now sitting upstairs in a recently cleared area. I will not repeat David's enthusiastic exclamation at it's arrival. Aunt Mary's fridge and washing machine are to join it next week. Hooray.......N O T!

All those Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma and West Elm pre-opening blogger posts have had me enthralled and glued to my iPad.  
My invite obviously got lost in the mail.
 I'm more an online shopper these days anywho... so thought I'd give them a whirl. Clickety-clack and this PB faux coral whatsie should be knocking on moi's door. Will keep you up to date on the service...

Our main bedroom, walk-in-robe and the shoe cupboard are all ready for fit-out; architraves, skirting and doors. Then we can paint! Yippee!!!! (NO prizes for what David did today!)

My secret (shhhh) Mother's Day pressie from J.Crew arrived yesterday. I first told you more about it HERE. It is absolutely beautiful and antiquey looking but sadly is going to be returned. Maybe it's the old scraggy neck and a gazillion scars but it just doesn't sit right. It's shaped so it sits off the chest in a bulky way....I do not need more bulk! The second pic shows how it's curved. Must ask Ms Moth if hers does that too? 

Had a bit of a fiddle with the niche styling. I think the rear wall needs to be painted?
See the A4 swatch on the lower LHS of the artwork? Dulux Timeless Grey
Whatchathunk?

Drafted some landscaping plans....a girl's gotta dream! (And I was procrastinating from cleaning out the bird cage....LOL!)

Speaking of birds....perhaps this guy can replace the necklace for Mother's Day? 
Ooooh, there's a happy thought!

Hope you had a lovely Saturday....what did you get up to?

x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh would be interested to see what you think of the coral piece from Pb when it arrives. I thought they were reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a pretty good shopper so I thought the prices were reasonable but not necessarily cheap. The delivery charges are though! I also found their online offerings limited but have ordered the catalogues, they might be more extensive. Will post more when they all arrive! X kl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the PB coral piece and dying to see your landscaping plan <3

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll be interested in the quality of the piece too. All the coral I have is real so I'm keen to see a resin piece. I'll post the landscaping plan soon....still along way off unfortunately! x KL

      Delete
  4. I'm loving the idea of painting the balloon animals gold - SO CUTE! Can't wait to see them madeover. The J. Crew necklace looks really pretty but I know how annoying it can be when something doesn't sit right and you desperately want it too. Oh well, just means you'll have to keep shopping for the perfect piece ;)

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL