28.8.11

Black, white and well read!

'D Residence' by Shareen Joel Design

I do have such a great love of black and white at the moment. And just as I decide 100%, definitely, absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt that our kitchen will be black (and white), I find these images! This stunning house has interiors designed by Shareen Joel of Sharleen Joel Design. It was shortlisted in the Australian Interior Awards 2011 and has made me stop and reconsider again! I would call this kitchen white (and black)! Isn't it stunning?


 I read an article about this project in the second edition of the digital magazine Est which I thoroughly enjoyed and which started my search for more information about Sharleen and her aesthetic. The Design Files posted a fantastic interview with Shareen late last year, and Jo from Desire to Inspire has featured her diverse talents too. Im so taken with the unpretentious detailing in this project, particularly evident in the joinery, the understated use of colour, simplicity of design and minimal yet classic feel.


For me, this house is perfection!
Courtesy of Est magazine


Oh to have the budget to simply employ her to give my place her magic touch!
Check out her web site here for more outstanding, drool worthy examples of her multi faceted design!

P.S: I'm loving Est magazine too. If you haven't seen it before, check it out below - Australian and highly recommended by Mwa! Did you notice that I taught myself how to make links!!!! Yee Ha!!!

x KL

1 comment:

  1. This house has a lovely restrained feel to it. It would be fascinating to see it in real life, to see if this atmosphere is how it really is. I especially love the pivot door - makes me want to go exploring in the garden beyond!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL