12.2.12

Isn't Sunday a 'Day of Rest' ? I must be wicked...


In order to gyprock the three remaining rooms upstairs we needed to shift the many storage boxes that have been residing there (quite comfortably) for two years. My other half decided (quite sensibly) that rather than simply shifting, we should open, cull and downsize our stored matter. 


My first 'sealed' box was quickly sobbed over and instantly repackaged 'as -is'. 22 year old velvet, lace and silk baby dresses are not on my cull list. No. Not. Ever.
(as an aside I must mention that my ex-mother-in-law's hand made velvet creation is my most sentimental possession ever. Thank you Edith.)


Compromises did need to be made though so my magazine collection, that has broken many a removalist's back, was a key target. I quickly calculated $4 000 + of magazine expenditure being thrown away.... Eeeek!


The prospective WIR looks a bit better though...


As does the main bedroom en suite!


The main bedroom still needs more clearing out before gyprock and I'm running out of storage space!


The Playroom (above) is being a storage host, as is J's bedroom below!


 There were some funny surprises in the sorting....


WTF? Despite the mould, they were C.F.M. shoes in their day! Why did I keep them?  Letting go of the past....umm.....  it's definitely time!


Anyone need 'hairy-hat' lanterns; Bali style? Thank God for E-bay!


This is the 'throw-away' pile, humongous analogue T.V.s must be the 'dinosaurs' of this generation.
Any hoo...better get back to it.... still need to tackle the lounge and dining room areas!

x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

6 comments:

  1. It's back breaking work sorting through your possessions. But, once the jobs done and all those unwanted things are gone it feels amazing. In fact I remember once commenting to my husband, after a good clean out at my house, that I thought the house actually felt lighter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite cathartic though, this sorting out process, don't you think? I always feel much better after chucking stuff out - which isn't easy for a dedicated magpie. But magazines - yikes - they are so heavy! My removalists always complain about them too. I have recently thrown out most of them though. Your little dresses are adorable! V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hate to add up how much I've spent on magazines!!!Expensive addiction! Good job clearing out though, it does feel good KL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good cull! Feels awesome. Laughing at the mother of a tv! Yep, we all have them lingering in the back shed somewhere! K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little dresses are adorable. I did the magazine cull too! Breaks your heart to through them all out. I donated to the doctors surgery, they needed an update! lol I laughed at the fact that I knew what you meant by CFM shoes, I had the boots! haha Happy culling, keep thinking about how much more room you will have. x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've spent thousands on magazines too - they're so hard to resist for me! It does feel good to get rid of stuff when all it does is sit in a box gathering dust - just not a fun job going through it all.

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL