24.6.11

Annual migration

We are very fortunate here to have great views of the ocean. The front of our house faces North to North - East and we have designed the house to capture those views with deck areas off the family room, formal lounge / dining and main bedroom. One of the nicest parts of our design (I think!), is the multi - purpose laundry area. It overlooks the largest deck area on the middle level and is very generous in size. We have incorporated concertina windows to one wall of the laundry so that it can be used additionally as a kitchenette or bar area servicing this entertainment level.  The pool will be on this level too. One day!!!!
I was ironing today and saw my first whale of the season. They do an annual migration north to warmer waters to have their calves. We then get a birdseye's view again on their return in September, bubs in tow, often playing together in groups for a few hours! Magic!!!


Don't you just hate power lines!!!? The whale was breaching. It made my day! And I found this picture of the HMAS Adelaide being scuttled to form an artificially reef off Avoca Beach. My eldest daughter snapped this one from our top deck a few months ago whilst we has a lovely brunch and glass of champers to watch with lots of friends!



4 comments:

  1. How lucky are you KL!!! Glad to hear you are making the most of those amazing views :)

    Have an amazing weekend.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi B,
    Yes a day doesn't go by that I don't appreciate how beautiful it is!There's always something to see! Keeps me focused on the view - not my concrete floors and lack of proper vanities etc.... Have a great weekend too. Thank you for your comments! x KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, so lucky! i'm walking distance but don't have a view. i would love yours!! jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Than kyou for your comment. I've never had one before and now I understand the popularity!!!
    KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL