9.6.12

When is your home, not your home?


 This is my current dilemma.
Ordinarily, if I want changes made around la hacienda, I action them pronto.
Eldest daughter S and BF M have moved to Newtown, and with a 12 month lease, we could really utilise their bedroom - temporarily, to assist us in moving forward with the epic stalled build here. 


It goes like this... J who's currently occupying the study, moves temporarily to S & M's room. The study gets a proper fix out and moves from its temporary space upstairs into its permanent abode. All of the remaining upstairs areas are now vacant so can be gyprocked, painted, fixed out and can accommodate appropriately, as per original plans. J moves to his proper room. S & M get their room back (for when they visit), we relocate to the master suite (we gain a guest bedroom / en suite in the process!) We also gain a second lounge room, full kitchen, dinning area and playroom / T.V space!

But....

S & M are not relinquishing their bedroom readily.
It has been vacant for 8 weeks; sadly cold and full of my daughter's detritus from her 22 years of life.
We are forbidden to enter, touch, bag or box its contents....
Um. W. T. ? Helloooo....?
To err on the side of compassion, empathy and understanding... I've given them three weeks notice.
Everyone gains from a happier mother and father, don't you think?


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 09, 2012

    That's funny, gosh teenagers and older kids can be difficult, so glad to read a blog from a parent of older children. I can relate to this. XT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I got so excited reading your plan, and then to hear that you had been hamstrung! I hope they heed the three week eviction notice so that you may get on with completing that amazing house and enjoying living in it!

    Good luck!

    M
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pack it all up now and get on with your long awaited build!
    As a joke start sending them a rental bill? (or maybe not as a joke?? haha)
    The day I left home, Mum had everything following me out the door.
    I did still however receive a plastic box full of odds and ends only a few weeks ago.
    Pictures, Locks of Hair, My first Money Box!!! I couldn't believe what she had stashed for almost 18 years!
    Good Luck, hope you get to attack your plans head on, soon!
    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 10, 2012

    Good Luck with the re-arranging! Looks like there's lots of diplomacy and negotiation involved in the new scheme! My kinders are still quite small so none of this is happening for us yet but I find it fascinating to read and contemplate!

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL