29.9.11

Playroom lounge!


Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered my lounge for the playroom. The inspiration for the room came from the picture above. I had wanted to buy a white leather modular and found this one at Plush that fitted the space. I loved the fact it looked 'light' due to being raised off the floor on stainless steel legs and, it was super comfy too!

Eeeek, dodgy i-phone snap!

I was very restricted size-wise by the doorway seen on the right in the picture of the space below.


I decided against the white leather in the end. Our ivory leather suite gets dirty so easily and this lounge was for a playroom! So I considered fabric instead:


This is a gorgeous lounge from Freedom Furniture. It was far too big to be considered but I loved the 'tweed' fabric! My deciding factor though was what I would be placing in the adjacent formal lounge. I'd love a new, dark velvet modular but I have two white fabric 2.5 seater lounges that I can't justify replacing. (I know, that 'B' word again!)
So... I decided on charcoal velvet for the playroom!
I ordered the same model as the white leather one shown above but chose the fabric from a teeny sample and am really confident that I've made the right choice. As a sweetener too, Plush had 20% off their fabric sofa range when I ordered!
Happy days!!!

x KL

7 comments:

  1. Loooooove it!

    Can't wait to see it in your house :)

    What colour are the playroom walls?

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kerrie-Lee:
    This is all tremendously exciting and such fun. We think you are right to have chosen a darker fabric for the sofa, particularly in a room which is likely to have a great deal of use. We like the idea of the stainless steel legs raising it off the floor, a certain way, as you so clearly know, of creating a feeling of additional space.

    We shall look forward to seeing the sofa in place and what other ideas you have for the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour sounds fantastic, and I love the idea of a 'floating' lounge. The only problem in our playroom is that noone would ever be able to find the Lego that would reside permanently under the sofa!!!! I live in hope...

    M
    xxo

    PS: How long is the wait with Plush?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new lounge. A perfect fit for your space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey KL, Thanks for your tips re freight from US. I'm now really nervous about the shippings costs, but it was going to be $650 to get some lights from the US site directly, so my fingers are crossed they will be cheaper. It's so hard when you can't find what you want here, then you find it there for such a reasonable price but it ends up costing a fortune by the time you get it back. It's driving me nuts! Problem is now that my lights are on their way to the US warehouse, they have me over a barrel with the freight and I have to pay it. My husband will flip out! PS great sofa and top choice for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The walls are painted Dulux 'Silver Illusion', B and I really love the tone. So much in fact, that I'm considering using it in our bedroom too!
    Thank you for your comments also, J & L. I did choose the lounge hoping for the effect of extra space as the playroom is relatively compact. The finished result is still a way off though. It's good I'm patient!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL