25.9.11

Favourite online shopping destinations

When I was recovering from my recent surgery I spent a great deal of time on the computer.
I bought these two timber vases from Country Road Online
 I embraced online shopping like there was no tomorrow and spent hours shopping for all manner of things; clothes, home wares and bed linen to name a few.
Oroton 'Akala' Mini bag. And it was on sale!!!!Yee Ha!
All items arrived perfectly and it was so exciting to hear the courier vans pull up with a new delivery! It's just sooo easy to purchase via a simple click of a mouse!

King bed, 'San Marco Ottawa' from Pillowtalk. A nice change for the guest bedroom.

Unfortunately virtual shopping manifests into reality once the credit card / bank statements arrive! Eeeek!

Are you embracing online shopping or do you need to see / feel before buying? On the Central Coast of New South Wales where I live, designer retail experiences are restricted, if not non-existent.  Shopping online is the only way I can source many items. Here are some of my favourite online stores:

Top 3 by Design
Australia's design store offering award winning top design products, gifts, wish lists and even a wedding register. I can spend hours online here!

Peters of Kensington
A favourite retail and online store, with categorised catalogues, photos and mostly discount prices. I've signed up for the weekly newsletters so I know when what I want is on sale. They have an extensive product list and great range of Alessi gear too. I must buy from here at least once every six weeks! It's a great Christmas one - stop -shop and, they do the wrapping!

Country Road
We don't have a Country Road home wares shop close by so I buy online. I've always loved their womenswear, menswear, kidswear and accessories. Their aesthetic is very simple / modern with on trend colours and great quality for outlay.
Pony Rider
Ponyrider is a boutique home wares brand using photography and typography on their unique range of products. I love their quirky aesthetic - it's something different, 'hand made' in feel and taps into that modern yet retro trend so popular at the moment.

Third Drawer Down
Third Drawer Down is both a product design agency and a shop selling a variety of weird and wonderful objects. I love popping in here (online of course) for a terrific range of high-quality, limited-edition tea-towels designed by artists.

So, what have I missed? Any further suggestions? Do you have favourite on-line stores?

x KL

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links, I love online shopping adventures although I am one of those people that loves to touch & feel. I didnt realise you lived on the central coast, I am near Maitland!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all online these days. Isn't it wonderful. The world at our fingertips! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're quite close then Trish! I must admit I like the 'real' shopping best but as AM commented, it is wonderful to get more unique offerings that only online, even international shopping can provide!
    KL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its such an interesting topic, especially now with retail figures being in the news so much. Personally, I do a mix of both. For some things which I know, I love the ease of online, but for clothes, and especially for shoes, it is hard to beat seeing them in real life and trying them on. I think though, it depends if you are comparing a really fabulous store, where it is a delight to just be there, with great service and fantastic visual design, or a plain boring store which doesn't try to make the experience special. And if you are not near retail options, then online brings the world to your fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your insightful comment Bluefruit - I agree whole heartedly. I love shoes but buying online can be hit and miss re sizing so it limits me to styles I've bought before. I've bought ballet slippers from Sambag (in-store) and now I can confidently update my collection with other colours online and when on sale. I purchased the exxy Ponyrider quilt online after an earlier cushion purchase that I specifically ordered to suss out the quality of the brand. Now I buy confidently from them. I think on-line stores that have good return / refund policies give consumers greater confidence.
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new quilt cover!!!!

    Oh and those wooden vases!!!

    Most of my kitchen stuff is from Country Road and Peters of Kensington.

    Can't wait to settle in and start buying more stuff :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those timber vases are way cool - I love CR.

    I just ordered some Japanese tape online and can't wait for it to arrive x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well B, my hubby would like me to have your restraint! As soon as I sketch a room's layout I'm already sourcing the 'stuff' to fill it with! (And as this build is so slow and my taste changes constantly, this is very dangerous!)I have to say Peters is probably my most 'go-to' online-store for product and prices.
    Dear East of Hudson - thanks for your comment and... WTF is Japanese tape????
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL