6.10.11

Black + White: decoration favourite 2011

Miriam Fanning

 I spent some lovely time perusing all the Top 50 rooms selected by House & Garden Magazine for their annual article. And I don't know if it's just me, but there seemed to be a predominance of my favourite combination of black and white. Irrespective of style, this timeless duo added drama and sophistication to each space. Looks like I've backed a winner!

Steven Domoney

Kerry Phelan

Michael Suttor

Alischa Herrmann

Eid K Goh, Albert Mo

Tom Ferguson


Helga ten Brummelaar

Hellen Pappas

Diane Bergeron

Makedonka Del-Ben

Tim Penny
Greg Natale

x KL

“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” – Steve Jobs
R.I.P.
1955 - 2011

4 comments:

  1. Love those images so inspiring, black and white is going to be huge again in design next year. Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Thank God Belle! When you build as slowly as us, one wonders if our 'forward' thinking of 3 years ago will be current today and continue to the finish line, in (fingers crossed) two years time! LOL
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Amazing images. Thanks for sharing.

    Just looking at the first image and ... They have black front doors.

    We are painting our doors black on the outside... It's not common to have them black on the inside as well, or is it? Would be a lot easier for mr b to paint both sides the same colour but to be honest I just want a safer choice. What do you think? Black on both sides or whisper White to match all the other doors on the inside?

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly don't know B. I've never paid much attention; I would think black on both sides though. I'll look more closely when I see black doors in pictures now!
    KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL