3.8.12

Out & About

 I took myself for a peep at Domayne and Freedom stores yesterday.
They are just starting to unpack new season stock and I was looking for a birthday pressie for a friend.




Both stores featured lots of bright colours in furnishings, home wares and outdoor items. It seems that fashion's colour blocking trend is spilling over to interior design too.




  I quite like a small injection of colour and easily changeable accessories can provide that. I loved both these cushions and bought the one pictured below right. It taps into the Retro Poster trend too without the commitment to price or precious wall space.


  Thankfully both stores also showcased more monochromatic and eclectic displays that I loved.




 I adored the stag headed silverware in Domayne and this stacking bookcase in Freedom called Spine, pictured below left. It's a similar design to one I've had on my wish list from Top 3 by Design (Stak pictured below right) but much more affordable. Yay!



I'd seen these aged parquetry pieces before....I'm thinking for the family room which will be floored in the same marble as our bathrooms (below) but in a 600 mm square size. Maybe. ?



I always am drawn to coral pieces that are real, painted or in print form. Those above left are from Domayne, top right, Freedom. Gorgeous!


Spotted these glossy black faux bamboo chairs. So lovely but very flimsy and wobbly to sit on. Still loving mirror bedsides too. *Sigh*


 Am totally high-fiving myself for bringing one of these shell lanterns home from Bali.
$20 AUD + rewiring cost beats $280 in Domayne any day!


Purchased this poly resin faux antiquity. At $45, it's a reasonably priced stand-in for the real thing that we were unable to afford in Bali. *Sob*.
 (I still dream of saving enough to bring her home!)
And I got this cute mat for the girl's bathroom too.


I was quite happy with my three little purchases and then remembered my friend's birthday. Oops. Looks like I'll be shopping again tomorrow! LOL!
Have you been shopping lately? Spied anything new and exciting where you are?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

4 comments:

  1. I have to got to have that stag silverware! Do you know how much it was? I am after a silver champagne bucket and that would look fabulous, a real talking point. Now I have to get myself off to Freedom and Domayne this weekend (in between Uni open days and work concerts)I also love that pow cushion.
    Mrs B xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs B, I can't remember the stag silverware prices unfortunately but they were very beautiful and I think I need to go back and buy some too. I really loved the wine table holder and of course the ice bucket!
      x KL

      Delete
  2. Uhhh ahhh ohhh. Those marble tiles.... Perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B! I can't wait to get them laid elsewhere. They've been stored under a taupoline for two years so I hope they're still OK! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL