30.4.12

Colour crush: 'Hermes' Orange


 I'm still in love with my black and white decorating scheme but I find I'm being drawn to colour lately too. Rather than bold swathes of it, I'm attracted to small highlights here and there in accessories and small objects. This week's favourite is what I'd call
'Hermes' Orange.







 I bought two of these orange and black lacquer boxes (the medium and large size seen below and which are also featured in the first picture on this post), intending them to pick up the orange hue in my David Bromley Butterfly throw. 



When I pulled the throw out of storage to compare the colours I got a rude shock! I'd forgotten I'd swapped the throw above for the more muted one below! Bugger! 
(I blogged about them Here, here and here)



And I also swapped my initial purchase of 'The Boys In Boat' (above) to the flower one below which features yellow, not orange. Double damn! Don't you hate wrong decisions!?


 Anyhoo, back into storage they've all gone. I'm going to spend some time making an inventory of what I've already purchased for the finished house to prevent 'oop's' like this one!
Maybe the  'Hermes' orange boxes will be a minor feature in the study!
What do you think? Would you use this colour?

x KL

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

8 comments:

  1. Thats why I love black and white! Anything else goes! G.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wrong decisions suck. Been there - done that :(

    But your throws still look great <3

    Love the hermes orange and would definitely use it (in small doses of course).

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel@Georgica PondMay 02, 2012

    It's not a colour I'd use, as I'm more of a cool colours kind of gal, but I do admire and love looking at it. When it's cleverly used with restraint it's very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. obsessed with hermes orange, yes use it in the study, i do too! please tell me you got those boxes in australia? send me the link? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too would love to know :)

      I found these, but they are not as nice as yours... http://www.amazon.com/Storage-box-elle-lacquer-orange/dp/B005O1YAA6/ref=sr_1_28?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1336025868&sr=1-28


      B

      Delete
    2. Hi Claudia, Unfortunately I didn't get the boxes here. I purchased them from US online store PLANTATION; link as follows:
      http://store.plantationdesign.com/
      They are supurb quality!
      x KL

      Delete
  5. They look lovely and I like the fact you went for two not three, just beautiful! Letitia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. my daughter painted her room orange. if you knew me and my very boring love of beige ..that would shock you!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL