26.4.12

Still Stalking Skulls!


 As anyone who has been regularly reading my blog would know, I've had an obsession with a particular carved skull, first seen in 2004. (Pictured top LHS) When I finally tried to obtain one, I found they were no longer being imported and I was devastated.
On attending the Decoration + Design fair in January of this year I discovered that the original wholesaler was re-importing and I ordered one. (Picture top RHS). The problem with wholesale buying is that you often cannot 'pick' an individual piece from stock as you do in a retail store. My ordered skull is a far cry from the beauty of the 2004 model and I've been a bit disappointed about this big decor statement.


 I was pretty excited then to see the picture above on Peepmystyle blog. Claudia has just returned from her Honeymoon to Bali and snapped this on her travels. The carving is detailed and the horns stunning. She saw allot of them over there. Yee Ha!!!!

 Why didn't I think to google 'carved skulls' before? Duh!
A treasure trove of images, mostly from Bali were to be found....
Check these out...





I've contacted Customs and have the green light there, but Australian Quarantine will have to check it over and I may have to pay for it to be fumigated...but I'm thinking one of these is coming home - somehow,  in hand luggage real soon!

x KL 

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

2 comments:

  1. i cant tell you how annoyed i was that i was told i couldnt get it through customs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just returned from Bali and saw the amazing carved skulls and was desperate to buy one. I just did not know how I could carry it through customs ! I am trying to find one on the net to buy instead.

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL