11.4.12

New cookware!

I've had two lots of cookware in my life. 
The first were Pyrex Vision; a golden glass miracle in their day.



 In the early '80's, as a 21 year old, newly married non-cook, I loved that I could see what was happening inside the pans....unfortunately it was usually food 'baking on' and becoming inedible. The casserole dishes had clever lids that could multi task as pie plates when inverted. Cutting edge stuff... and they were indestructible! You can still buy them on eBay!!!!
After 14 years of good service they were shown the door; along with my first husband.

With limited moolah and as a new single mother, I then bought a 'cost effective' cookware set by Master Cuisine at Myer. I was impressed with the 18/10 Stainless Steel, robust Bakelite (stay cool) handles and the large number of items in the set. They have performed incredibly well, (the three I use, that is) but tonight the 'pasta pot' is no more. The Bakelite handle shattered after 15 years service. I was lucky that it failed after I had drained the boiling water from the pot! Whew!
Anyhooo...
it means I get to choose, once again, new cookware (though not a new husband, LOL!) that I will use everyday, for at least, potentially, 15 years....
Hello gorgeous! Iittala Dahlstrom Tools.
I'm only replacing my 5 litre pasta pot at the moment but aim on adding a large and medium saucepan too when my existing ones break - which may be imminent!
They suit all styles of cook top and most importantly...they look damn fine too!
x KL

 Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

4 comments:

  1. They sure look very sexy! The Iittala Dahlstrom ones I mean...

    Really enjoyed this post... made me giggle :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post! I like the very smart lines.Look easy to handle... the pots I mean. I hope you manage to buy the complete set soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, they're fancy! Glad you're holding onto the Husband this time!!!

    M
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I5 years is a great distance. And I laughed about the husband references! I bought a Le Creusset saucepan a few years ago and now wonder why on earth I didn't buy one years ago. (Well I do know why - they are jolly expensive!) Unbelievable stuff, though. They cook miracles, making everything taste delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL