1.4.12

Keeping the dream alive!


 The latest edition of Adore Home online magazine has been released. I had a lovely morning perusing all its goodness with a nice hot cuppa. I'm relieved that my Black and White decorating scheme is still a current trend, given that I've still got a long way to go before our house is finished!



A favourite home of mine, that of Vanessa & Matt Dixon was featured too. I've seen this home before but was reminded of how sophisticated a coastal scheme can be. Featuring lots of White & Black, it has reignited my love and enthusiasm for, my own semi-complete home as some areas are almost exactly what I have visualised my finished rooms to look like!





Although I'm still planning a black kitchen with Cararra marble island, Vanessa's kitchen is the same layout as mine and features a window splash back too. Aaahhh....still in love!
And the vanity in the main bedroom en suite mirrors my plans! Unfortunately I'll have semi recessed bowls (a cost saving and irreversible decision as I've purchased them) but the marble, shaving mirrors, free standing bath and coral decor are just perfectly in tune with me.



 I was also excited to see more of Claudia Stephenson's creative home featured too. I follow her blog, Peepmystyle.blogspot.com and have mentioned her HERE before. I'm always inspired by her creative ideas and recommendations. She is getting married this week too....Congrats guys!

We are having a big clean up here, trying to make room for more building progress. My tea cups empty so I better get the work boots on!
Have a great weekend!


x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

10 comments:

  1. I am on my coputer and finally able to comment on your blog - iPhones and word verification just don't mix :(

    I love the black and white decorating scheme and am glad it is still in :)

    Love that black geometric cushion!

    Hope you've had an amazing weekend :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I got word verification on? I'll try to turn it off.... saw a 'how to' on someones blog last week I think!
      x KL

      Delete
  2. How annoying that Moss River doesn't have the king-size pillow cases in their Classic - Honeycomb range :( ... but does in other ranges :(

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really B? What a shame! Bloody Murphy's Law again!!!!
      x KL

      Delete
  3. What beautiful inspiration as always. I think you can't go wrong with a black and white scheme and the coastal look is cool, breezy and chic. Btw, I LOVE that black wallpaper in the first pic. I'm looking for a textured black wallpaper for our master bedroom. Do you happen to know who the wallpaper is by..? Or where to get it..? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks for your kind comment and Yes I recognised the wallpaper! It's by FERM LIVING (Australian; Yay!) Link below:
      http://www.fermliving.com.au/itemdetails.aspx?item=138
      I loved it too; it's on my short list for a feature wall one day!
      x KL

      Delete
  4. I'm happy that black is the new black - I doubt I'd be ever able to give it up completely. Pretty sure I decorate with a base of black and then go from there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I love ur the window splashback.....is it real or a graphic? We are looking to do the same but needs to be a graphic to create the desired effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi anon. The splash back seen here is a window but I've seen glass splashbacks that have photographic images behind them to give a similar effect. Try houzz or Pinterest for inspiration!

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL