10.7.11

Black or White? Dark & dramatic or Light & bright?

I have loved white, minimalistic and streamlined kitchens for ... eons! I have more 'saved' pictures of this than any other yet, when it comes to my main kitchen in this house I'm yearning BLACK! (O.K - not really black but charcoal; dark dramatic and matte). Go figure! I need to be so very sure though as hubby needs some convincing! Luckily, I can have the white version in the kitchenette / laundry! Something like this with washer & dryer behind lower doors.

 My idea is that the downstairs area will function as a daytime / summer / outdoor living / teenage area around the pool and main T.V / Plasma room. The upstairs area will be our night / winter / fireplace / more formal adult area. (Hence the darker palette!)





I'd like the island to be Carrara or Calcutta Marble (I'm damned if I can decipher between the two) with stools only practical on the farthest end, leaving the front higher to screen mess from more formal dinner events! What do you think? Dark & dramatic or light and bright? We are on the coast and our views are beautiful!
KL