2.7.11

What decor inspires you - and why?

What inspires you? I saved these pictures several years ago and unfortunately cannot credit them appropriately. It is an apartment in Sydney. These few pictures represent the favourites of all my vast decorating cache. The mood, night-time sexiness and pure sophistication that they express have been the stimulus for my 'black' and 'sharp contrast'  decor obsession.







I have poured over these pictures, attempting to identify the individual elements for further in-depth  perusal.  Replication is far from my mind. Discovering why I love this so much, understanding why I have, so consistently, for so long is essential. It is self -education: teaching me about my likes and desires and it points me in the direction that my heart, if not my conscious self, wants to go.
Heavy stuff indeed.
KL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL