30.7.11

Diversional decorating!

My house may not be completed yet, in fact - far from it, but that doesn't stop me decorating in tiny little spots with favourite bits and pieces. It gives me somewhere to rest (divert) my eyes instead of looking at all that still needs to be done! Often these areas offer storage to boot and are constantly shape shifting as the house progresses. Nothing is ever static when you live on a building site!

In the entry; all this will disappear once the joinery is done!

A niche custom made for a sculpture I can no longer source! Who knows what will end up here!
Handy storage of some favourite design tomes!
Industrial letters, old bookshop sign & son's plane upon a Chinese cabinet. Expired use-by date?

Can't wait for that ducted vacuum system to be hooked up!

I love all my shell and coral pieces. This is one collection that is still growing!

I like using art in bathrooms. It visually breaks up floor to ceiling tiles! This framed shell is above the loo in the main bathroom.

My hubby has just weighed in on my post. He reckons that if I didn't blog the whole of the house would be finished and then I'd have something really worth blogging about!!!! LOL True, so true!
x KL



5 comments:

  1. Hello:
    What an extraordinarily good eye you have when it comes to placing and positioning items for display. These are really inspirational and we particularly love the eclectic mix on top of the cabinet which includes your son's aeroplane.

    Tell your husband that the 'journey' is more important than arriving at the destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jane and Lance for your kind compliment. Dear hubby & I are both very aware of the journey on which we've embarked; we often remind each other of this saying when the other seems to forget!In fact it is my 'other mantra' and is in typed format on my fridge!!!!(I do think we were of the impression of going on a much shorter 'trip' when we first set out though!!!)
    KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your bathroom tiles!!!

    I also love your decorating style. Well done.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hubby's comment re blogging! Ha! I always say that if I blog about something, it comes true. If I write we will be painting on the weekend, it usually happens!!

    All your bits and pieces look great!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments guys! I'll try the positive comment approach next weekend. "We are going to plaster. We are going to get plaster! We are getting plastered!!!!" HA! LOL!
    KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL