31.7.11

Dinosaur egg discovery and getting plastered!

Well, no wonder the house isn't finished! I keep shopping for the bits to finish it before I buy plaster for the walls! Far more interesting I reckon!!! This is my latest acquisition!

My son thought it was a dinosaur egg.... but it's really a very large, white, organic shaped planter! How cool is it!????? There's an off -set hole on top and I L.O.V.E. it!!!! It's doing the temporary residency thing on top of storage boxes in the finished playroom. We're clearing the main lounge area in preparation for plastering too!
Current state of the upstairs lounge room.

The room behind the lounge is our to-be-main bedroom and is still full of stored 'stuff'! I'm really looking forward to seeing the coffered lounge ceiling go in because it will have recessed lighting that runs around the ceiling cove like this picture below (but ours will be all square set):


I'm still hoping for a chandelier too but dear old darling hubby still needs convincing. I've got my eagle eye on this one , should I be so lucky!!!!

I snapped this photo at Coco Republic. Drool!!!!

Then again, maybe I'll just bless his cotton socks for the plaster!
x KL

3 comments:

  1. Love the egg! :)

    Do yodating that the plaster dust goes everywhere? How many rooms have already been plastered?

    Are you having downlights in addition to the recessed lighting in the upstairs lounge?

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ya B! Plaster dust is my only constant! LOL! (Not really; we're pretty seasoned hands at this so it's pretty minimal!)We've finished downstairs; guest bed / ensuite (our current rooms),study (sons temp bed), girls bedrooms x2, main bathroom, entry, family room and laundry / entertaining area kitchenette. Upstairs we've finished the playroom, son's proper bedroom and kitchen in terms of plaster. Still have dinning, lounge, powder and main bed / ensuite to go! Whew! Downstairs is the equivalent of a standard 4 bed home so we're 5 star 'roughing it! All lighting is concealed in the proposed lounge but I'm considering some spot lighting for paintings and adding allowance for the remote possibility of that chandeleir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I hate my iPhone auto correction :(

    I cannot wait to see the rooms that have already been finished :)

    B

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL