13.1.12

Holiday mode!

Apart from what seems like an insurmountable washing pile, the holiday vibe has continued today back at home. We're sleeping in, catching up on e-mails, blog posts and a mountain of mail / subscriptions. Mostly we're enjoying those Christmas presents hastily unwrapped but not really savoured. I have fortuitously 'found' the lost book that I didn't receive and am trying hard to motivate myself to do a proper food shop and house clean!

These are my good excuses for staying in bed for half a day! He He!


I finally got round to reading 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert whilst in Queensland. Given to me as a birthday gift six months ago, along with the movie adaptation, it was great to finally chill and take a day to read. Such a luxury! I'm looking forward to watching the movie now but as my imagination is so good at visualisation I always read a novel before watching any following Hollywood interpretation! Am I alone in this?
Our girls, S & A, who stayed home, don't seem to have fared too badly on their own; the first time we have left them 'behind' on a holiday. They kept the Australian economy going working part time and spending Christmas gift cards whilst maintaining the La Hacienda quite admirably. Daughter two, A, turned 20 whilst we were away so we now need to plan a nice belated family celebration for her. (No teenagers in this house for three years! Woo Hoo!)
And I need to finish The Death Star with J.

Happy Holidays!!!


x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday A!!! :)

    Glad you finally found the book :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are slowly getting back into the swing of things.. it takes ages after christmas for me too! I have seen the eat pray love movie; tried reading the book, but kind of lost interest after about a third of the way in... it just didnt grab me.. I thought the movie was alright; better than the book but i was kind of dissapointed to be honest. Hope you like it though, lots of people really loved it. Happy new year to you!
    laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies! I LOVED my new Interiors book and enjoyed reading Eat, Pray, Love too. It wasn't as rivetting as expected but having not read anything in along time, the simple act was delicious in itself! Got any better recommendations?
    KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL