24.1.12

My latest purchases; the good the bad and the spikey



I've been trying to avoid the shops during the school holidays because it's usually crazy this time of year as we live in a major tourist hot spot. I ventured out to get J some new school shoes and of course couldn't resist poking my nose into some favourite stores! I spotted this cute little spikey urchin at Seaweed & Sand for $14. So cute!



And this cotton Maxi and sandals at Witchery. The dress was heavily discounted. Yay!

I ordered this stunning candle from Barneys New York awhile ago and it finally arrived. The picture below is the one advertised on their online site. When I unwrapped the candle there was no black gift box, only some flimsy bubble wrap and a scattering of pink ooglies.

 
 The candle is more substantial in size than expected and the perfume is very over-powering. The most disappointing thing though is that the top edges of the glass insert holding the wax is smashed from not being secured within the silver housing during transit. It won't affect it's use but the packing was of a very low standard. No more candle buying from overseas for me. A quite expensive lesson!



 Those that read my blog regularly know how much I love shopping at Peters of Kensington Online
They have continued to offer a 'daily deal' since their January re-opening and I took advantage of  buying 4 (two in each style) of these Whitehill photo albums. They'll make terrific and affordable gifts for friends throughout the year.


 And I picked up three of these Universal Circa felt place mats to use as heat mats under hot dishes brought to the table. A bargain at $4.50!

 School holidays end here on Monday and I'm trying to get back into an earlier bedtime and morning wake-up routine. My big boy is starting Year Four and my eldest daughter has completed her University degree and is job hunting. Unbelievable how time flies! Hope you're having a great week,

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

12 comments:

  1. That's really disappointing about the candle, but it still looks lovely. At least you scored some other great bargains to help ease the pain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've contacted Barneys to see whether they'll replace? Fingers crossed!
      KL

      Delete
  2. Oh well the candle does still look lovely anyway. I'm also a fan of Peters of Kensington, they have consistently low prices.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I treated myself to a soak in the bath last night and lit it - the perfume was heavenly! (Overpowering when not lit) Go figure!
      x KL

      Delete
  3. That candle is gorgeous, too bad the packaging sucked. I love pretty packaging so I'd be disappointed even if it didn't get damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute seaside decorations. Shame about your candle...it's not that hard to package properly! Love your maxi dress too - I want just like that in black...I'm too fair skinned to wear the white I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny what suits different people. I'm VERY fair, freckled and blonde but white looks OK on me. It's a comfy dress without the belt which is how I'll wear it.
      x KL

      Delete
  5. Oh no. I was really looking forward to seeing the sexy black box that the candle was meant to come with :(

    I love that maxi!!!

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too B! I have a 'thing' for packaging!
      x KL

      Delete
  6. Hello Kerrie-Lee:
    We are very reluctant to buy anything on line for the very reason that you state here. So often, too little care is taken with the packing and wrapping and, as a result, the goods arrive in a state not at all to one's liking.

    The sea urchin looks wonderful and adds such glamour to your most intriguing 'still life' arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my mum always shops at Peter of Kensingtons when in Sydney.
    the early bed times are hard. even harder now they are back. We are doing be at 8pm TVs off at 9pm.
    i just hope tomorrow morning will be as smooth as this morning.
    Pen
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that dress - i need to get into witchery! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL