2.1.12

Sharing trivia - Have you lost a day recently?

Do you wish like I do, to skip a day occasionally? That wish has come true for the people of the tiny Pacific Island of Samoa. The island nation has bent time and skipped Friday altogether; Samoans went to bed on Thursday night and woke up on Saturday morning! I was fascinated by this tiny article in the news and thought I'd share the trivia!
Samoa had been the last country in the world to see the sunset but now becomes the first nation to welcome the new day.

The island of Samoa in the Pacific Ocean
The island of Samoa in the Pacific Ocean



I wouldn't mind celebrating birthdays twice in a year, as long as I don't get twice as old! LOL!

x KL 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! And no, no need to get twice as old for any of us, right? :) Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting indeed!

    I've been trying to get to this post for a few days now but this is the first time it's actually worked. Previously, it always said "this page does not exist". Strange...

    B

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL