5.9.12

A new craft project


 Two years ago I saw this beautiful cross in a shop at Currumbin Beach, Queensland. It was made by the very talented coral artist Bernice Standen and as I had the whole family in tow I hesitated in purchasing it, a decision I have regretted many times. Sadly, the shop is now closed.


An Internet search produced more images of similar crosses. 
Each of them unique and very beautiful.


The original one I first saw and the two below are my favourites. They have such a range of coral and shell within them but, to my eye, are well balanced and restful.

 I thought I might have a go at making one so I've sourced some shells and coral pieces and David has promised to create the timber cross for me.


 Now I just need to find the hot glue gun...

Did you notice that I've finally worked out how to post multiple joined pics too? I used the iPhone app Pic Jointer! (Although if there's a way to do this in Blogger please tell me! I tried inserting HTML codes but the results were messy to say the least!)
And I dragged my good Canon Digital SLR out of storage to try to improve the quality of my images.
Not as handbag friendly but I love that schmick shutter sound!

 Hope you're enjoying some Spring sunshine!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!