23.1.13

my diary = my family umbilical cord

 Well, you're either a diary advocate or not.
Black or White. 
I am, and it's my saviour.



"I have a diary, therefore I am." KL
(You can use this if you want.....he he!)




LOL!

I have a ratty old leather Filofax diary that I love and I spent yesterday updating its innards to 2013.
This way I remember birthdays, anniversaries, colonoscopies, mammograms and all manner or uncomfortable, medical prodding.

All those pesky school notes and information gets transcribed ASAP so we dont miss Crazy Hair Day or dress inappropriately for Wear your Favourite Footy Colours! I'm on speed dial for a few Mum's at school for accurate confirmation of school activities! LOL!
Children's assessment due dates, social engagements and hair appoinments are all in there.
Work rosters, Movie rental return times, Carnivals and Long term reminders (Passport renewal for example) are all recorded with precision.
I even have a page for passwords and ID numbers (not banking ones!) that are so easily forgotten.
 This system works for me and has become the family's 'bible!'
What methods do you use to contain information overload?


x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

2 comments:

  1. I think I need to use you as my role model. I use a diary, bought new every year, and used to have a filofax (it was chewed by the puppy beyond repair....I use the remaining address part of it to this day). I loved my filofax, so maybe need to revert to that system. I was definitely more organised when I did use it. I absolutely detest the iphone diary system, so will probably never go fully electronic. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the iPhone diary and found it useless; well, really I was slow at entering data and useless at looking at it! The 'in-my-face' hard copy definitely keeps me organised...and I find it really quick to see what's on and what's comming up too. Sometimes the old ways are better!!! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL