22.1.13

New Year....new phone quandry....



It's time to update my mobile phone and I'm in a bit of a quandry.
I currently use an iPhone 4 and have loved it but I'd like to take advantage of the higher pixel cameras in the new release models. I think I'll enjoy the bigger screen and font too!
 I'm hearing that the latest iPhone 5 is experiencing battery life issues which I would obviously want to avoid. Have you got one of these? Any issues?


The other options I'm considering are the Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC Desire SV devices.

Does anyone have any of these phones? Likes? Dislikes?
Can anyone recommend a good comparison website?

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

8 comments:

  1. i've been thinking the same thing lately darl. i have an iphone 4s as my work phone, and i've loved it. some i'm contemplating getting one for myself, much to my teenagers disgust (but why would you get the OLD one??!!). i too have heard about glitches with the 5. The 4s suits me perfectly, and it will be cheaper!!

    jxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jules, they hold their value. I'm happy with my 4 but would love the increased pixels the camera has in the latest. Some apps won't load onto my phone too because it has a slower operating system. Decisions, decisions! x KL

      Delete
  2. There are too many choices, it makes choosing one so hard. I think it depends on how much you use your phone - I don't use it much so the battery life has been great on mine (I have an HTC but Sensation not Desire). Try Cnet for reviews - http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/reviews.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link! I'll pop over and have a squizz! x KL

      Delete
  3. My husband has it and loves it - no battery issues!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear Stacy. Maybe they have addressed the issue? I was turned off when I heard they had not included Google Maps but that decision was overturned by public outcry. Staying with this phone will make use so much easier..my daughter just bought the HTC but can't work the damn thing! I'm sure she'll get used to it but I know I'm not as patient! x KL

      Delete
  4. I might be a little late to the party, but for what it's worth I have the latest iPhone and when I turn blue-tooth off, close apps I don't need and turn off wifi when not in use, I get good battery life out of it. Which I'm sure is the same as all the smart phones :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too late! :-)
      I haven't made a decision yet...I agree with turning Blue-tooth off; I recently did this to my iPhone 4 and doubled the battery life! x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL