26.11.11

Eeeek! Major Lounge Disaster!



 Am trying to stay true to my mantra....
 Am trying to stay true to my mantra....
  Am trying to stay true to my mantra....

I hate rats. I hate flooding rain. I hate mould.

Unfortunately a few months back we were rudely invaded by all three. The rats were discovered and dispensed with quick Military precision, the internal flood from a blocked gutter remedied as fast as I could prod poor old hubby up the ladder but the mould was a stealth trespasser.
Our upstairs ' work in progress /'storage' zone' was the area under attack and to my horror, my beautiful white fabric lounge fared poorly. 
Whilst cleaning up rat pooh (I used the vacuum!), I unwrapped the protective (ha ha) cover on the lounge and found, hiding under the removable cover... this mould! Eeek!


Always positive, I quickly said S%^t and BY$%^y HI#l and F*(#!. Then rang my friendly carpet / rug / lounge steam cleaner Malcolm who told me it was F^&#@d but didn't charge me for his visit and empathetic diagnosis.
I further rallied my positive outlook and suggested to the Hubby that a new white leather modular would look better in the room anyway...


...and he most generously surprised me with this:

His own Internet researched, mould exterminator formula. (It involved spraying two cans of Glen 20 to kill spores and then drenching the lounge with Exit mould.)

So, the glass is half full / empty again but this time I'm in quite a quandary with which way....

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment; I love receiving feedback! It helps me get to know you too!

8 comments:

  1. What great motivation for hubby to clean the mould, a new white leather modular. Fantastic job the lounge looks like brand new. KP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mr KL! Did the price of the gorgeous leather modular scare him quick sticks into researching mould removal remedies??!

    I am glad that your lounge is fixed, but disappointed that there won't be a new purchase just yet!!!

    I hope the mould stays away now.

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. KL,

    I love your mantra! I have been popping across for a while now and thought I'd better stop being an anonymous stalker and just join you.

    Your latest post tipped me over the edge.Your colourful language sounds very similar to my reaction if that where to happen to me! I can't believe how well the lounge came up after it's clean! Maybe you'll have to find some more spores, so you can get that new lounge your after??? lol

    I look forward following your home building adventures. We are building on the coast soon too! But first we are renovating an old Queenslander!

    Have a great day.

    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you would have been better not to fix the lounge!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for you most supportive comments! And welcome Jode too! I started blogging with the intention of it being all about interiors and building but family has been added to the mix too! Will pop over to your blog to say Hi!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi KL! I love your mantra and must start using it myself. Whenever a messy disaster befalls us, we always ask "What would Shannon Lush do?". But in this instance, it looks like your hubby had it completely under control!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh B.x... thats so funny! Very ironic too; I had no idea who Shannon Lush was so googled him. I never thought to look in one of those bibles for an answer (Please forgive my ignorance, I had heard of the books though!) Your disaster 'go to' suggestion would have been much appreciated 3 weeks ago!!!!!
    P.S. The Mantra works best if you repeat it with a nice chilled glass of white in hand!
    LOL! x KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL