26.11.11

Eeeek! Major Lounge Disaster!



 Am trying to stay true to my mantra....
 Am trying to stay true to my mantra....
  Am trying to stay true to my mantra....

I hate rats. I hate flooding rain. I hate mould.

Unfortunately a few months back we were rudely invaded by all three. The rats were discovered and dispensed with quick Military precision, the internal flood from a blocked gutter remedied as fast as I could prod poor old hubby up the ladder but the mould was a stealth trespasser.
Our upstairs ' work in progress /'storage' zone' was the area under attack and to my horror, my beautiful white fabric lounge fared poorly. 
Whilst cleaning up rat pooh (I used the vacuum!), I unwrapped the protective (ha ha) cover on the lounge and found, hiding under the removable cover... this mould! Eeek!


Always positive, I quickly said S%^t and BY$%^y HI#l and F*(#!. Then rang my friendly carpet / rug / lounge steam cleaner Malcolm who told me it was F^&#@d but didn't charge me for his visit and empathetic diagnosis.
I further rallied my positive outlook and suggested to the Hubby that a new white leather modular would look better in the room anyway...


...and he most generously surprised me with this:

His own Internet researched, mould exterminator formula. (It involved spraying two cans of Glen 20 to kill spores and then drenching the lounge with Exit mould.)

So, the glass is half full / empty again but this time I'm in quite a quandary with which way....

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment; I love receiving feedback! It helps me get to know you too!