8.11.11

Wee progress and.....more shopping



















  This is how we spent Sunday. J's room is now finished with the exception of the gloss on doors. (All the top level doors will be painted together) There are power points, down lights and a fan installed too. Yay!!! I'm really happy with the red; Dulux 'Red Box'. I used it for the back of the bookcase nook and desk area. It's a nice dirty red and makes quite an impact in the room. 
Small progress but progress none the less!


Today I went down to 'the big smoke', aka Castle Hill and my wonderful friend (who've I've known for 46 years!!!) met to have lunch and en route showed me this find in Myer. 
On Sale! All sizes were $79.95. Thank you very much. Yes, I'll take it too!
Masculine bed linen is so hard to find. This is gorgeous. Grey / Taupe, deep blue, and white. I bought the bed setting above in it's entirety! (And we skipped lunch and shopped instead, LOL!)

x KL 
Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment; I love receiving feedback! It helps me get to know you too!

6 comments:

  1. What an impact Dulux's Red Box. The room looks great. Looking forward to Myer opening here in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kerrie-Lee:
    We love the red too. It really adds a dramatic touch and is such a wonderful tone. It will, we are sure, look perfect with books against it and makes a real impact on the room as a whole. Progress indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progress is progress, no matter what, I say! The red looks great - I'm very interested to see how it looks with the desk and bookcase in. Will they be built-in or?

    Great work on the bedding, too. You know how I love a bargain!

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite reds is the Red Box. A red with a lot of depth! Looking great - and that is a bargain indeed for the linen. Virginia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. J is one very lucky boy :)

    Love the quilt cover set and all those nices!!!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your positive feedback! Kp, I try to shop 'in the big smoke' (Chatswood, city, cCastle Hill) as much as possible as we are very limited on the Central Coast. Myer & DJ's are here but we're 'D' grade stores so get basics only. I'm going to complain less though now knowing you've done without a Myer at all in Townsville for so long!
    M; The 'floating' shelves for desk and bookcase and desk itself will be custom made by a joinery mob. (Down the track....sigh)in two-pack to match the Dulux Natural white wall colour.
    Slowly getting there....
    x to all, KL

    ReplyDelete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL