16.10.12

A Fantasmagorical Day!

Ever had a day where everything is just good, happy and nice?
I was blessed with one of these rare wonders yesterday! 
It wasn't about everything being perfect... (I forgot to get onions and capsicum for the dinner dish I'd planned) but somehow it didn't matter.

 Here is my list of wondrous stuff that kept my heart singing all day....

1. I woke up without a headache from drinking some sort of surgical sterilizing agent they call 'cask wine' which David thought looked good, as it was "on special".

2. I appear to have avoided the need for dialysis even though I may or may not have consumed a large portion of said liquid whilst watching not one, but two Jaws movie re-runs! AS you do. EEEK!


3. Got J to school on time. This is miraculous as a) I woke up at 8 am. b) school starts at 8:30 and c) we live 20 minutes away from school. Do the maths. And he had breakfast. And an ironed uniform.


4. I made it to school and home without anyone knowing I was in my PJ's. Shhhh!

5. I won a Strawberry Margarita O.P.I. Giveaway from BB is building a house (If you haven't peeped her blog before....go on...now's the time!) Digit Make-Over here I come!



6. 94 minutes were well spent catching up with a girlfriend. It was a mobile to mobile call but...wait-for-it....it didn't drop out. Not once! I was at home being a sloth but she travelled from Terrigal to Surry Hills! And we're both with Vodafone!!!! W.T.F?

7. I saw three whales! Tail slapping!!! From the en suite! (OK, to be honest this was on Sunday but it's close enough to count here, eh?)

8. Giulia from Something Gorgeous posted her Prawn Risotto dish. Thank you. We had it for dinner. Minus the capsicum (I forgot to buy one) so I added Pelligrini tomatoes. Yummy! 

Giulias dish LHS, my interpretation RHS!
9.  On the school pick up run all traffic was stationary, in both directions on busy Avoca Drive. Laughed out loud watching a burly concretor get out of his van to assist the stragglers up the gutter.


10. Having planned to visit our local lookout on the way home, I just happened to have my camera with me to get the shot above!

11. I saw daughter No. 2. It may have been fleeting....she needed a shower and freshly laundered clothes before heading out again with new BF, but she's alive!!!! Yay!

12. David doesn't need his arms sewn on! We've been investigating shoulder reconstruction but his Orthopedic Surgeon concludes this can be delayed with intense Physiotherapy. Woo Hoo!

13. The local lookouts have been revamped and I can see our house from one of them now! J & I paid a visit after school looking for more whales...spied our place from a new angle, instead!


14. J got his 'pen licence'. Finally. He had renewed focus for his homework (at least for today)



15. Received a $50 Country Road Gift voucher in the mail. Apparently I am now a V.I.P. and get free delivery on online purchases too!

And it went on.....and on.....(can you hear Katrina singing....?)

Didn't get any bills today.
 J had a shower, as soon as asked, without complaint. 
The broken pump was fixed with a $2 washer.
Got $150 from an ATM when I wanted $50. (I'm sure the bank will find me!)
Was invited to High Tea next Wednesday with some Mum's from school.
 I didn't get shonked on Etsy; the skull arrived! 
The Glamourzons etc are visiting Sydney in December for a family catch-up. 
My deceased friend's hubby has 'met someone'; is rejoining life. 
I hit 60 'followers'! (God bless you Sam) 
I sold my too heavy Oroton bag on eBay. 
Got an unprompted kiss, squeeze & 'love you Mum' from J.
Found $20 in a disused purse.
 I forgot onions for the risotto but actually needed shallots - which I had! 

Ever had a day like this? 
Bloody Fantasmagorical!

I also bought a lottery ticket for tonight's Oz lotto.
If it wins there will be no cask wine - promise!

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

9 comments:

  1. KL!!!! Did you end up buying a lotto ticket? I hope you did :)

    I must admit, I don't think I've ever had a day like that, but am looking forward to it when it finally does happen (I'm trying to be positive - hehe).

    That risotto looks amazing!

    Glad to hear David's arm is not as bad as you originally thought.

    What's a pen licence? Is it something that gets "issued" by a school or parent? :)

    You got $150 when you only wanted $50. Oh man! Why does this never happen to meeee. Which ATM was it :P

    Hope your week continues to be as amazing as the past few days have been <3

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes B, bought the lottery ticket!!!! I have never had such a positive day before either....it was freaky wierd! The teachers hand out 'pen licenses'. Its a BIG DEAL for a 10 year old! It means J no longer uses pencil but his handwriting is neat enough for him to use biro at school. (And white-out no doubt!)LOL! The ATM error gobsmacked me. I'm sure I'll be contacted...those machines do not make mistakes without recourse!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GOOD day, particularly the NO hangover on cask wine - that alone deserves its own post. Kx (The Blog a House Built)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will go down in the personal histories as 'THAT Legendary Day'! Wishing good luck to follow all my lovely bloggy readers now!
      x KL

      Delete
  4. Love those days when everything comes together, especially when it's a Monday!! (I watched the jaws movies too over a vino or two...can't beat the classics!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day! makes me feel happy just reading this! we are also working on getting a "pen licence" in this house too, hopefully it will happen soon! I love Strawberry Margarita, it's such a pretty colour, always wear it on my toes, am not brave enough to wear on hands (I'm a neutrals girl) but I do love it. will check out other site. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funny post. Cheered me up no end. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, so don't laugh if i missed some kind of joke, but re the 'i don't need dialysis' are you ok?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Sally, Blonde jokes asside....yes, I'm fine. Thank you! I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek and was refering to the fact that when one drinks copious amounts of very cheap alcohol, one's kidneys may be dammaged to the point of requiring dialysis. The good news was that although guilty I was spared this. Perhaps I should stick to my day job? Writing comedy is obviously not my fortay!
      x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL