11.10.12

Progress pics!!!! Woop! Woop!

 The exterior of our place had not changed much from the picture below (snapped about 18 months ago) till recently.



But the snap above, taken on the weekend, shows some progress! Blueboard privacy wall to lower deck area on far RHS, the solid handrails to the upper deck, again on RHS of picture and most recently the framing for the two front, upper deck roof areas which were previously just steel skeletons!
Of course the weeds and mess in the front yard has increased exponentially. LOL!

It might not seem allot BUT, the Ripple Effect applies to construction too. To do x, a, b and c need to be completed first and once x is done, y and z are easy peasy! Are you still with me?



 In order to gyprock and Villaboard the remaining upstairs rooms (main bed, ensuite, lounge, dining and J's bathroom / powder room), all this 'stuff' had to go. Hence this timber pile has now become the veranda roof! The insulation will go into the walls and ceilings just prior to sheeting and I've been eBay-ing and filling Vinnie's Bins like a mad woman! Below is the result! Da Dah!!!!
David even drew the bed on the floor for me so we could work out the lighting placement!


 Final decisions about the lounge fireplace design have been made and this crude cardboard cut out helped in this major decision. There ARE some benefits of building slowly and living in the build at times!



Apologising to all the clever IT knowledgeable persons reading; I had 'a go' at the rendering above. Roughly to scale, it reinforced that we are on the right track!
It may have taken me 4 hours....but has given me priceless confidence!

You can see in the image above too, the 'coved' ceiling which will hopefully look something like this:

And the bookshelf I'm planning for the LHS of the fireplace, whose inspiration you've seen before HERE, is below.

Exhausted yet? I am! Tell me your thoughts...please!!!!
Still got lots more to share too...

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

6 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it - all of it. Very different to my place, but I could happily live in what you have happening there.
    I think we may be living parallel lives. Hubby and I marked out our bed on the master floor also (I have a very funny story which is wholly inappropriate for a blog comment), and I spent this afternoon drawing out the fireplace placement on the wall with our builder. I would take a photo, but I''m terrified I will freeze to death if I go out there.
    Oh, and I'm living in the build site too, but you are clearly coping better than I.
    Well done. Gorgeous. K x (The Blog a House Built)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KAR for your enthusiasm! I had noticed the similarities of where we're both 'at' too! Laughed out loud when you cracked that joke about your timber 'aclimatizing' better than you! LOL!
      I think the secret to living successfully in a building site is copious wine. And having at least one bathroom (preferably with majestic bath) finished so there's somewhere to 'escape the dust and mayhem!

      x KL

      Delete
  2. Loving the progress!!!

    Your drawing looks amazing. Looking forward to watching it come to life. The shelves on the left of the fireplace ... LOVE!!!

    It's amazing how much "stuff" we accumulate, isn't it? :(

    MrB uses the cinema room as a dumping ground for everything and anything. It looked like a bomb had gone off in there... Actually worse than that. He had attempted many times to clean it up but gave up every single time. So the other day, I started cleaning up, taking everything out into the foyer. LOL. He got sooo upset that I was touching "his stuff" and took over the job. SCORE!!! We chucked out a bin full of recycling and a bin full of rubbish and there is still about 10% to go through. I'm feeling much more positive and "in control" now. Phew!

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our stuff 'breeds' I'm sure!!!!So love your motivational technique for clearing up...I might try it with the nest-leavers (front curb threat) who still haven't returned to clear the bomb-site of their old bedroom!
      x KL

      Delete
  3. Yay for progress! Sometimes you feel like you aren't getting anywhere but all it takes is a few jobs to get things moving along. Love the coved ceiling idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Natalie...these little bits have really got David and I remotivated to get a wiggle on. David has not built a coved ceiling before so he has guestimated construction and depth etc from pictures I have shown him. I can't wait for it to be plastered to really 'see' it! I love the idea of hiding lighting but boy did it use up some framing timber!!!
      x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL