21.10.12

Another little project....


 J had back - to - back birthday parties today so David and I had a lovely lunch together and then a wander around Domayne. I showed him the coffee table that I'm so enamoured with and he has promised to make me one! 


I designed a custom study desk for our last home (seen above) which I was really pleased with. It remained in the house when we sold it and it was a very cost-effective option for its size.

I've had these dining tables stored in a "LOVE" file for a few years. They are from Coco Republic and David feels he can replicate the Domayne coffee table top in reclaimed English Oak Parquetry to look similar to these. He thought $799 for a 'palette timber' top was excessive. Eeeek!

Anyhooo....I'm going to get my coffee table; but better and cheaper. Score!
I'm starting the steel design specs tomorrow.

x KL

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are very welcome and encouraged to comment. I love receiving feedback! I also love watching a new pretty picture box added to my followers - would love you to join me so I can get to know you too!

8 comments:

  1. You're so clever KL. Love the coffee table, and that amazing study. Kx (The Blog a House Built)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KAR. Of course a promise and extracting action are different things! I feel relieved though that I don't have to purchase before it's discontinued....we can plod away at this one now when we have the time. x KL

      Delete
  2. Lucky you having a husband that can whip something like that up for you. I've also admired the tables at Coco Republic (along with a lot of other things!) xT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I am extremely lucky but it never stopped me before when I was a single Mum! And this is achievable by any 'handy person!' I'll design, draw details and obtain quotes and have the base made (I climbed underneath the one I liked to see how it was constructed!) and then have it powder coated. I'll source the oak, design and draw the parquetry pattern to scale. David knows how to finish the top; the one we saw in store was raw pine and would stain very easily. It will be interesting to see if we come in under budget....but I think anyone with a 'where's there's a will, there's a way' attitude could achieve this.
      P.s. I organised and constructed the study desk on my own without clever hubby's input. Gotta brag where I can! He He!
      I'm with you with the loot at Coco Republic....but unfortunately out of my budget!
      x KL

      Delete
  3. Oo, I am very jealous! They look lovely and I especially love the custom desk for the study...Might have to put that one in the "to do" pile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprisingly easy to do and looked good because it fitted the space perfectly.
      x KL

      Delete
  4. That custom made desk is da bomb!!!!

    You clever people!:)))))

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it worked really well and I've regretted leaving it behind several times. When we're ready though I might get another made for David's office / study to suit that space.
      x KL

      Delete

I've recently had some problems with not receiving comments. I have removed word verification to try to rectify this issue. If your much appreciated comment doesn't appear please let me know via email so I can try something else! All comments and feedback are warmly welcomed! x KL